Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

first day of training at Sparrows Lane

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
Will any of the out of contract players be there ?

Comments

• I've got a feeling that a player without a contract may not be allowed to use the facilities for insurance purposes (hence Powells comments about giving Fortune a contract whilst he recovers from his injury) - so probably not. Can anyone clarify if that's the case ?
  • Probably for fitness?   Although if they are going to be moving to rivals i doubt CP would want them anywhere near in case any tactical masterplans for the coming season are outlined.

• I've got the day off..may pop down and have a butchers
  • edited June 2011
    not sure but I think Fortune trained last summer without a contract.

Technically they are still under contract today but not tomorrow.  We do have to pay any player without a new club one more months wages in July as do all other English clubs.  Never understood why but we do.

Sure there will be a long range shot of players running on the OS later from which we won't be able to pick anyone out other than Danny Green cos of his stupid hair.
  • Was Dailly involved in pre-season training before he re-signed last summer?
  • Was Dailly involved in pre-season training before he re-signed last summer?

He had an extra week off, didn't play in the first friendly and then signed a new contract a few days after that.
  • Grant Basey was.
  • I've got the day off..may pop down and have a butchers

can you just turn and to watch? if thats the case i may take a gander
  • take a camera both of you.
  • I'm pretty sure, you can't.

I'd hope not anyway seeing as I shelled out £150 to go see them train last season!

• Sponsored links:

I'd hope not anyway seeing as I shelled out £150 to go see them train last season!

I doubt they will get lunch and photos with the players from behind the fence to the footpath
  • Thought you could watch from a side alley?
  • Overpaid pampered ninnies. Eddie Firmani got fit with a pair of plimsoles and a medicine ball ;0)
  • edited June 2011
    Oops. Pressed "Post Comment" instead of "Back to Discussion". Duh!

I need coffee.
  • You can indeed go along and watch them FOR FREE.

There is a side alley running along the training ground with a pretty small fence, so you can easily see the players and the whole training field.

• They're in the gym doing fitness tests today.
  • @CAFCofficialCharlton AthleticFitness tests for the first-team squad today at a gym. They're then back at Sparrows Lane tomorrow (TH)
  • They're in the gym doing fitness tests today.
    If you climb on the roof there is a window that you can open just enough to get a camera in.
  • Johnnie Jackson is looking forward to it!

2 tweets this morning:-

M25, I've really missed you

In another hour, I'll be blowing out of my arse!

• Anyone going to rival Waggy in the pre-season running tests this time round?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oops. Pressed "Post Comment" instead of "Back to Discussion". Duh!

I need coffee.
    I do it all the time Oggy.
    You wouldn't believe the quality of the ones that got away ;-)
  • Probably not! haha
  • Probably not! haha
    Glad you concur, Marriott ;-)
  • tom cruise ex arsenal was on talksport at the weekend, he said he is out of contract at the gooners but is allowed to used the trainning ground to keep fit until he finds a club, not sure if this is a special arrangement but i think if there just using gym equipment, jogging and not actually playing then its fine.
  • Our favourite hack Mr Cawley has just tweeted to say that Dailly has been asked to come into training by Powell. He has agreed to do so.
  • edited June 2011
    they must have trialists train at the training ground? so i would expect there to be some kind of policy to suit

£150? You were ripped of pal! :-)
  • I was going to watch from the side alley anyway but seeing as they are in the gym today there's no point.

• Wouldn't surprise me if CP wants Dailly around this season as back up and as a good influence in the dressing room.  He's also got the demeanour of someone who would make a good coach, so maybe he has that in mind.

Whether Dailly agrees and is willing to hang around and be a bit part player this season, well that's another thing!

• I've got a feeling that a player without a contract may not be allowed to use the facilities for insurance purposes (hence Powells comments about giving Fortune a contract whilst he recovers from his injury) - so probably not. Can anyone clarify if that's the case ?

Wouldn't imagine thats the case as we've seen Lord Beckham training with the spuds in the last year & the gooners previously if memory serves me correct plus as has been mentioned trialists etc.

Like any business premises they will have employee insurance & then Public Liability Insurance........unless somebody forgot to renew it !