Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell wants to bolster his rearguard

From OS

Speaking after the double capture of midfielders Dale Stephens and
Danny Green, the Valley chief admitted he will be bidding to bolster his
rearguard as his pre-season shopping spree shows no sign of relenting.

When questioned about his rearguard rebuilding, Powell said: "I've
been looking since the whistle blew against Hartlepool United.

"I'm hoping that I will be able to get some players in because we are
light in that area. That's my next concern, and I'm hopeful that in the
next seven-to-10 days I'll be able to bring in some players that will
help us defensively as well."

Comments

• I'd be very surprised if these haven't been sorted already with just the final tying up the loose ends, and medicals etc.
  • Oooh..Matron!
  • That's surprising
  • least he knows what's needed!
  • FR

30 Jun 2011 13:28:01
    Charlton to rebuild their defence with further raids on fellow League one opponents Colchester, Exeter & Brentford. First deal could complete as early as tomorrow.

• FR

30 Jun 2011 13:28:01
    Charlton to rebuild their defence with further raids on fellow League one opponents Colchester, Exeter & Brentford. First deal could complete as early as tomorrow.

That would be Magnus O, Matt Taylor and Osborne then
  • the final pieces of the jigsaw , come on baby one last push

currently i am 20% automatic promotion 75% play offs 5% what a disaster

Stop nicking my work. I used exactly the same picture on the Venus/Serena Williams thread the other day.

Maybe I'm way too optimistic (more than i have been for a long time) but I'm 80% automatic, 18% play-off, 2% disaster. Got a really good feel about this season.......................................
  • Sponsored links:

• One unknown is how CP will perform. Squad looks like it's coming together well. Now let's see how he does.
  • One unknown is how CP will perform. Squad looks like it's coming together well. Now let's see how he does.
    Really hope CP can do it. Would love him to be a success as a manager for us.
    He will be. We're waving goodbye to this hell. 

I am 75% automatic, 20% playoff, 5% fail. 
    Stop nicking my work. I used exactly the same picture on the Venus/Serena Williams thread the other day.
    That picture of WSS is copywritten by me!

The only piece of information worth reading on Charltonlife all summer Ooh Aah's percentages, see the automatics have increased steadily during the summer.....
  •  come on baby one last push

A beautiful metaphor. Thank you.
  • your silence on transfer rumours was deafening ketters

I think everyone really hopes this is the case
  • your silence on transfer rumours was deafening ketters

I have been warned not to post anything, still a few to come by the sounds of it, keep the faith.
  • will do .... onwards and wherever !
  • Sponsored links:

• Ketman is he only (old) man that knows anything. FACT!

• The really good thing is that seeing the quality we have signed already the CBs are going to be equally impressive.  Hopefully we can find a new Rufus
  • Certainly made a good start Chris with the signing of RW but two centre backs aside we still need another striker.
  • The really good thing is that seeing the quality we have signed already the CBs are going to be equally impressive.  Hopefully we can find a new Rufus
    Richard The Lionheart -Wow i'd be made up if that was the case , pace , good tackler and strong in the air with a good sense of positioning and awareness , Rufus should have played for England , would love to find another one like him.
    Richard The Lionheart -Wow i'd be made up if that was the case , pace , good tackler and strong in the air with a good sense of positioning and awareness , Rufus should have played for England , would love to find another one like him.

Bexley Dan ? ;0)
  • No he's too good , anyway i don't think Bexley Dan was on Covered End Juniors list ;)
  • How many players signed so far were on Covered End Junior's list .......?

CEJ, you're fast turning into a CAFC scouting legend!
  • edited June 2011
    All of them , the mans a genius! hopefully modest & humble as well ;)