Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

3 signings, 3 "undisclosed" sums........

edited June 2011 in General Charlton

This , again, has got me going.

I cant see why ANY transfer should be "undisclosed", esp ones done by clubs in League 1..............hardly splashing out millions, are we.

I assume that the Football League know how much these players went for, and somewhere (in a contract etc) there will be a figure...............so,why not let us all know. I wonder if we could ask under the "freedom of information act".

I realsie its not just us.................looking at the BBC Transfer section almost all the deals done are either "free"  or "undisclosed"....

Comments

• Doing it any other way would simply be daft.  I don't care if they are undisclosed if we get our man.

And what's more, if it helps our negotiating position in future transfers (which it must do) then is simply something that has to be done and us as fans should understand that position and support it.

It's just the way that things are now, we'll have to get used to it.

• I read that we have requested undisclosed fees and I assume we will continue to do so.

Part of the secret society rules evidently ;-)
  • I agree Golfie.

In an ideal world all transfer fees, and the way they breakdown, plus salaries would be announced by all Clubs but while that's not the rule I can see why we want to play the same game as others.

As Bigstemarra  says maybe it helps us
  • Personally prefer transparency, but if that's not enforced then you can't be surprised when people try to hide their spending.
  • What Bigstemarra said 100%. Why tell other clubs what we have and inflate future fees especially when the costliest ones could be still to come.
  • As I said in another post - other clubs think we're skint (the Sheff Weds fans were gobsmacked, for instance; the fact that we had been taken over had largely passed them by)....we are nicely slipping under people's radar and that must surely help us as we look to assemble our very own dream team.

Although the events of the past week are making that more and more difficult...the cat isn't quite out the bag yet, but I think that it's whiskers are probably poking out by now!

• Also for the selling club the market will be able to gauge how much money they may have to play with and inflate the price of any signings they are after.
  • Although the events of the past week are making that more and more difficult...the cat isn't quite out the bag yet, but I think that it's whiskers are probably poking out by now!

lol ... excellent