Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bessone & Stewart

What happened to Bessone?, i thought we had 1st option on him. I also see that Micheal Stewart is still in the squad list on the OS.

Comments

• Can't see us signing Bessone. That would make at least 4 left backs.

• He didn't convice us 100% although he was an inpovement to palying palyers out of positions. I think it is just as simple as Powell deciding he could do better.
  • Wiggins has to be at least 10 times the better signing. Younger, better, faster. However, Powel did say he wanted him at one point over the close season didn't he. Odd in that case.

• Wiggins has to be at least 10 times the better signing. Younger, better, faster. However, Powel did say he wanted him at one point over the close season didn't he. Odd in that case.

When you go into a nightclub, you have eyes on the gorgeous bird but you still keep your options open in case she blows you off!
  • If Bessone is still under contract at Leicester, he's probably being paid quite well and so maybe CP doesn't think it's worth paying him the wages it would need to get him down here....

Much happier with Wiggins, in any case.

• When you go into a nightclub, you have eyes on the gorgeous bird but you still keep your options open in case she blows you off!
    That's just greedy. I wouldn't be able to perform twice anyway
  • If Bessone is still under contract at Leicester, he's probably being paid quite well and so maybe CP doesn't think it's worth paying him the wages it would need to get him down here....

hes at leeds but i agree
  • JtRJtR
    edited June 2011

If Bessone is still under contract at Leicester, he's probably being paid quite well and so maybe CP doesn't think it's worth paying him the wages it would need to get him down here....

I thought he was with Leeds?
    Sorry didnt see comment above :/
  • My bad.  For some reason, I thought he had a Leicester connection - but the same probably applies at Leeds.
  • I quite liked Stewart. Even when you could see he was having a bad game, he was still playing well enough. His 'bad game' was on the same level as a McCormack 'good game' (well, if such an event ever existed), and he brought a calmness to our play. I really thought before the summer that we needed to sign him if we wanted to challenge for promotion. Looking at things now, of course I still rate him, but those that have come in instead are beyond who I thought we could get.

Also, how can we let him go when he provided Jose with the cross for his first (and unfortunately, probably last) goal at the Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bessone and Stewart...Don't need 'em anymore, do we?
  • Doesn't look like it, Valley! :)
  • Bessone was on record as saying he wanted to play at a higher level than league one. What I saw of him suggested otherwise. Wiggins a much better bet IMO.

As for Stewart. Yes a decent player, but for me another one who added to the pedestrian nature of our midfield. Very one paced. Hopefully the likes of Stephens, Green, Evina etc etc will get us playing at a higher tempo.

• I wonder if Bessone was the initial first target and once the Jenkinson deal went through that the club then decided that the pot got re-invested in players that could be sold for a more significant profit (and maybe were on a first target list but we didnt have the finances and CP then could move up a notch from the first choice of Frees category). 

The early signings were all frees and all of a sudden we have spent a rumoured 1m in the space of a few days.

If the 1m upfront from the Gooners is reported to be true then that has gone on straight back out Green/Stephens/Wiggins as early 20's players that have already shown high potential and proved it at L1 level.  If 1 of those 3 excels and gets sold for a 1m profit the wheel has turned circle and that gets re-invested again.  If all 3 come off then the club, well, it proves the model works even better than hoped. 

Wenger has done it for years (albeit it on untested but high potential youngters with the odd Walcott thrown in) and is on the verge of having £35m to re-invest when Fabregas goes (and how ironic if true that the 1m from them is starting up our version!)

• edited July 2011
    Contrary to the article from this morning, I believe Stewart was present at training. You can see him in the photo with everyone running towards the camera, on the left second from the end. If Jose departs, I'd like to see Stewart sign, even just as cover for that area. 

The most likely situation is that he is just training with us whilst waiting for another club to come in... I hope not.

Keep on running
  • i can't see him? it's elliot green wiggins gough doc
  • I thought that was Stewart not Green. Maybe I am wrong. It would make sense as I can't spot Green anywhere else!
  • Elliot doesnt look fat to be fair.

• im sure that is green, the hair looks blonde rather than ginger.
  • Sponsored links:

•  
    Keep on running

Slightly concerned about the pace of the squad. They are all running yet only appear to be keeping up with Benson's(?) walking pace (far right of pic)  ;-)
  • edited July 2011
    That's definitely Danny Green.
  • is mambo wearing glasses? 
  • Who is the lanky one with the big hair, and the shortarse in front of Green? This is going to take ages putting names to faces
  • Pope and Stephens? 
  • The guy just to the right of the gap in the middle looks like Jerome Thomas
  • The guy just to the right of the gap in the middle looks like Jerome Thomas
    I thought that as well, but its actually Bradley Pritchard
  • Elliot doesnt look fat to be fair.

Definitely looks to have shed a few pounds.
  • Thank the Lord they'll have their names on their shirts when we get to see them !
  • The training pitch is looking good