Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most exciting new signing so far?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm excited about the type of player we're bringing in. Also great to see we're building a squad, we can't name the starting 11 as we have good options in several positions. We didn't settle with 1 new left back or 2 new CMs, we won't rely on youngsters and loanees as cover.

Also very pleased that we (hopefully) have some creative players in Hayes, Green, Stephens and Alonso. They're not called creative players just because they can do a few tricks, they seem to be players that can pick out a pass or cross. It's something we've missed in recent years, but especially last season.
  • Options
    Nick Pope.
  • Options
    The fact there's so many to chose from is what I find most exciting.
  • Options
    The next signing is always the most exciting.
  • Options

All 9 of them... SO EXCITED!

Me too, dizzee.

It's all too much for an old lady....Might have a lie down.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Danny Green for me, i've liked him for a while and when it was confirmed i did have a big smile.
    This

I'd like to see Mikel Alonso in action before I decide he's rubbish ;0)
    And This

Dale Stephens
    And This

Nick Pope.
    Hmm not sure about this...
  • Options
    The next signing is always the most exciting.
    Okay....what do you know ?
  • Options

Alonso - i'm hoping he's going to sit deep and get the ball off the defenders and start the moves off - a proper holding midfielder, comfortable on the ball with that bit of class we haven't seen for a while. Also like the look of Wiggins if he's the player i think he is. Was very impressed watching him in the play offs. 

• Options

Alonso - i'm hoping he's going to sit deep and get the ball off the defenders and start the moves off - a proper holding midfielder, comfortable on the ball with that bit of class we haven't seen for a while. Also like the look of Wiggins if he's the player i think he is. Was very impressed watching him in the play offs. 

Heard his interview on Charlton Player , sounds promising.
  • Options
    Of all our new crop it's Alonso for me. Only one who's done it at a high level. Obviously has ability and at 31 bags of experience. Cant wait to see him in action.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Green followed closely by Green
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wiggins gets my vote closely followed by Green, Stephens, Hollands and Alonso who along with Jackson or Evina or Waggy could form a solid midfield in a 4-5-1 formation away from home.
  • Options

Wiggins followed by Green.....

But they're all lovely :)

• Options
    For me Hayes as I really think he'll do the business, won't score as many as BWP but he'll create, hold up play etc

Another is Stephens think he's a player who given a bit of time and patience will really grow with us.
  • Options
    Danny Green, I think he'll bring the best of the giraffe who's very good in the air.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a few games before I say who is going to be the best signing of the summer, however I am quite excited by the whole of the new midfield (possibly save Pritchard), as they all have something to bring to the team. The real test will be to see if they can gel together in pre-season ready for next.
  • Options
    I've got to be honest I don't really know any of them.  I only watch Charlton and I rarely care about who's in the opposition; they have to be really special for me to notice and then bother to find out who they are.  Consequently they are new names for me.  My favourite signing is therefore Wiggins on similar grounds to DickVanDykesDiscoDog, it was so good to sign him in the face of stiff competition.  It's a good sign that a) the board are determined to get us promoted  b) be ware an attractive proposition as a club.
  • Options
    Alonso for me , still can not believe he left Real Madrid for a league one club! Alonso and green in all seriousness , green to provide for Hayes and Brad and Alonso to hold the midfield together.
  • Options
    Alonso left FC Tenerife ...... not quite Real Madrid!

;o)
  • Options

I'll try not to get too over excited until about 6 or 8 games into the season.

I remember last year - having seen Reid the year before & after he ripped B'mouth & Leyton Orient apart in our opening games I thought we had something great................ 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reidy is on trial at Notts County, be interesting to see how he does if he moves there.
  • Options
    he will rip us apart then they player us just to show us what we have missed!! ;-)
  • Options
    Cedric Evina - sounds what we badly need, pacy wide player who can cross and shoot, and versatile, able to play in a number of positions