Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid signs for Forest

Thought he would, as I seem to remember he owns a pub In Nottingham & he plays the guitar there occasionally.

Midfielder Andy Reid has completed his return to
Nottingham Forest on a two-year contract.

The 28-year-old, who began his career at the City Ground, arrives on a free
transfer from Blackpool.

The Republic of Ireland international joined the Tangerines from Sunderland
in January but went on to make just five appearances.

He
told the Forest website:
"I can see where the club is going and it's
something I really want to be part of."

Reid's first spell in Nottingham ended in 2005 when he joined Tottenham for
£4m.

"I signed here when I was 14, was nurtured through to the first team and
everyone was so good to me," he said.

Continue reading the main story

He has got great experience and in a young dressing room he can
become one of our leaders

Forest boss
Steve McClaren on Andy Reid

"But in football you can't just make decisions based on sentiment, so I met
with the manager and had a good chat with him.

"As soon as I walked out of the office I knew that I wanted to play for
him."

Boss Steve McClaren said: "I hope this signing sends out a message to all the
fans that this is the kind of quality we want to bring to Forest to achieve what
we want to.

"He's 28 and has got great experience and in a young dressing room he can
become one of our leaders as well

Comments

• Options
    We'll get him after our promotion
  • Options

Great deal for Forest - he is only 28 and he was on a free !!!!

just the player we could do with.

• Options
    He was never coming here.

Hope he does well, always gets injuries which will stop him from becoming even better though unfortunately
  • Options
    Don't want or need him, I'd rather have a young winger hungry for football instead of pukka pies
  • Options

A good signing.

• Options
    I know he wasn't here long and he was always injured but I bloody loved Reidy, I've never seen a player just want the ball so much. Such a shame he's not naturally a little bit fitter as he'd be a regular in the top half of the Premier League imo.
  • Options
    I'd love to see him play again in a Charlton shirt.  But my head says we should never sign him, he hasn't played a full season since his Forest days, looks amazing and then gets injured.  Much as I love watching him play, even if we were champ level I'd say no due to wages and most probable big periods in the season when he's missing.

• Options
    Strange that he went on loan to Blackpool but Holloway hardly played him? Enjoyed watching him play for us though could open up a defence with that left foot just like Walshie used to.
  • Options
    Strange that he went on loan to Blackpool but Holloway hardly played him? Enjoyed watching him play for us though could open up a defence with that left foot just like Walshie used to.

He was signed as cover - he was signed as cover for Charlie Adam. In the January window it looked likely that Adam was going to be bought by one of Liverpool or Man U and Holloway chose to get his replacement in before the window shut. The transfer didn't happen and so he didn't get much game time.  
  • Options

Great player but I think he could have made a lot more of his talent.

Looked great at Sunderland for a while and then drifted out of things again, can't believe he's not good enough for the Premier League.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    great player, the selling of him pretty much finished us off
  • Options

He was signed as cover - he was signed as cover for Charlie Adam. In the January window it looked likely that Adam was going to be bought by one of Liverpool or Man U and Holloway chose to get his replacement in before the window shut. The transfer didn't happen and so he didn't get much game time.  
    I'm surprised they haven't kept him for the coming season, as Adam looks likely to go this summer. Maybe Holloway thought he was too out of shape/too much of an injury risk, wages-wise. Reid looked really heavy when he did appear for Blackpool last season. I wish him well though, loved him when he was here, & I hope returning to his first club & where he did well before, will resuscitate his career.
  • Options
    Great player with a bit of magic about him.

Many great memories of him for us, but one sticks in my mind. 

It was against Bristol City away. I drove down on a whim. Got stuck in traffic in Bristol and dumped my car somewhere near the River Avon and ran as fast as I could to the ground. Arrived as we kicked off.

We bossed the first half with Andy and Racon playing well together in midfield. Should have gone in ahead.

Bristol were a decent team under Gary Johnson and were, from memory higher than us in the league.

Second half we were under the cosh for long periods.

Last few minutes, Reidy got the ball wide on the left, and put in a superb perfectly measured cross onto the head on Big Chris Iwelumo, and we held out for the win. Just brilliant!

The long ride back to Norwich was a really happy one!
  • Options
    People always harped on about Andy Reid's waistline , i always thought his left peg had more impact.
  • Options
    He would not want to play in L1 so was never returning to us I wish him well,the first time I saw him play for Spurs against us he was outstanding.I think he was best described by some Tottenham fans I once met .He has the body of a Sunday league player but the touch of a Champions league player.
  • Options
    Another flatter to deceiver. Too keen on his food and guinness by the look of him. Forest may be his last chance saloon but I suspect that football life has passed him by and he is too slow and ponderous for the ever evolving game. Having said that, McClaren despite being a figure of fun, is a good judge of a player and may see something remaining in Reid.
  • Options
    one of my favourite players. wand of a left peg. got a bit of timber but so what, when you can play football like he does you dont really need to come out of the centre circle.