Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Following on from the going bust thread....

If the worst had happened, would you have picked a new team or stayed neutral?

Unfortunately, I was only little (5 or 6 years old!) so I would have no doubt that I would now be a Chelsea supporter as my family would have brain washed me.

Comments

• Options
    i was 4, so had no idea. i doubt i'd have got into football at all.
  • Options
    Erith & Belvedere was my alternative...
  • Options
    Probably would've supported Welling.
  • Options
    don't think I could've 'picked' anyone else, but would've probably ended up going to various local games
  • Options
    Would have still gona to games, just not one club in particular. Arsenal, West Ham, yes even Spurs, Chelsea, QPR.
  • Options
    As I moved to the Medway Towns about the time of all the shenanigans I would probably have ended up watching Gillingham or Margate (family connections).
  • Options
    I probably would have stuck with Liverpool & ended up being a proper girly doing proper girly things instead.

What a horrible thought!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Most probably Welling
  • Options
    easy, would of been a spanner wouldn't i coz of my old man.
  • Options
    Arsenal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]easy, would of been a spanner wouldn't i coz of my old man.

A SPANNNER.......? *shock, horror*

Mate, that was a narrow escape!!!
  • Options
    I am still a little spannerised, i look for there results as i used to go withy my old man to the old den when my bro didnt take me sellhurst to see Charlton, i was born in 1980 so was only young and loved footie!
  • Options
    Don't worry mate, it's only a minor case & can be beaten out of you. Me Carter & Carlberg will oblige at the West Ham game.
  • Options
    I've almost been physically sick at the very thought.

Almost certainly Dartford, but probably would have pursued coaching instead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't worry mate, it's only a minor case & can be beaten out of you. Me Carter & Carlberg will oblige at the West Ham game.

yea!!!!!!

your going down MC SPANNER!
  • Options
    Do you think another Charlton Athletic would have been formed as happened at Newport/Accrington/Aldershot after the main club went under? I was 14 at the time and it seems that there were some very motivated CAFC fans at the right ages to do this we only have to look at the events over the following 7 years.

I expect so - I would be following Charlton proudly in the Conference (or may be even Premiership - there has been enough time) may be sharing with Welling for a bit and then moving back to the Valley who knows....

If not it would have been local non-league so I guess Welling.
  • Options
    i gave it a thought at the time and considered my only option was a non-league team. i was a season ticket holder at the time. they are called Hallam FC and play at Sandygate (the worlds oldest football ground still in use, for you quiz masters out there)in the Northern Counties League - about five divisions below the conference i think. thank god it never happened. i would never have got to wembley twice, and seen mendonca, hunt, bent, etc. life could have been very different.
  • Options
    I didn't want to support another London team. Somewhat half-heartedly I came up with Luton Town on the basis that Paul Walsh and Paul Elliot had recently been transfered there. I was terrible just having to comtemplate it.