Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JiMMy85 Burgled.

edited July 2011 in Not Sports Related
In the early hours of this morning while he was snoozing. A quick in and out job  (ground floor flat) taking X-box and various other electronic gizmos including his work lap top and a number of personal, irreplaceable items. OB turned up and SOCO found fingerprints and shoe tracks. Seems the area (Horley,Surrey) has a 'problem' at the moment. The local nick was closed down a little while ago and there are hardly any night patrols now. He used to do Thai Quando (sp) so perhaps it's just as well he didn't wake up: he might have been arrested for knocking the b******s about!

Comments

• These people are scum - end of.

I disturbed a burglar 5/6 months ago as I happened to be up at 3am with my newborn.

Like an idiot I tried to chase after him, but he got away. Not sure what would have happened as I was barefoot and half naked.

These people deserve to be caught in the act and have their fingers cut off with garden shears by the homeowner.

• edited July 2011
    Horley is pikeytown. Has been for a long time. That's the reason for the burglaries, not the closure of the local nick.
  • sorry to hear that! its very shocking! because i also live in horley surrey!
  • yeah i know leroy! i hate the place but dont have any money to move :-(
  • You're not wrong, folks: he had the rear window of his motor smashed once presumably just because it had a CAFC sticker on it.
  • Really hope they catch them.

I'll see if I can find anything out from a few rougher people I know in Horley.
  • Horley is pikeytown. Has been for a long time. That's the reason for the burglaries, not the closure of the local nick.

Horley does have it's fair share of "do what you likeys" but it's a nicer place to live than most areas near to it!

Bad areas
    Crawley - full of scum
    Redhill - full of scum
    Salfords - one incestuos pikey family the whole Village
    Earlswood - see salfords
    Smallfield looks nice full of pikeys

Good areas
    Reigate
    Horsham

Langshott in Horley is ok as is maidenbower in Crawley
  • What about Hayward's Heath? Was thinking of moving out there a while back
  • yeah i live in langshott horley and im from redhill! i love reigate its a bit posh and boring but i like it! ;-)
  • Thanks Dazzler, appreciate that. OB think it's a teenage gang that has started operating recently.

Leroy, as far as I know H, Heath is a very pleasant area with good rail links to London & Brighton and the M23 close by. On the pricey side though, especially on the eastern side. Good shops etc. and surrounded by countryside.

• Sponsored links:

• It's not uncommon doing some of our labour was working out back of a house i'n west malling they nipped i'n the living room took the van keys and took it of the drive! Four days later it was found on a travellers site i'n St marys cray
  • Horley is pikeytown. Has been for a long time. That's the reason for the burglaries, not the closure of the local nick.
    Fcuk me Leroy, you're all heart today aren't you.

Not only has the poor fella just been turned over but now you're calling him a pikey!
  • Sorry to hear that Jimmy, hope you are ok
  • Thanks chaps: he's OK, it's just the thought of them being so close and in the dead of night that's upsetting.

• I live up at Netherne on the hill(Coulsdon) and I have been looking at buying a place on the new development The Acres near Langshott as you get a lot more for your money by moving further out, not sure if this would be a good move or not now? I heard that Langshott is a reasonable area? 

Haywards Heath is very snobby. 

You'll fit right in.

;)
    Fcuk me Leroy, you're all heart today aren't you.

Not only has the poor fella just been turned over but now you're calling him a pikey!
    Ah - now that's misrepresenting what i said :)

Apologies if my comment came across as glib Jimmy - having been burgled myself it certainly want's intended that way. Anyone who breaks into someone's home and steals things is the absolute scum of the Earth and should be put to death in painful ways.
    Haywards Heath is very snobby. 

You'll fit right in.

;)
    LMFAO - sounds ideal!
  • Thanks for the support (some of you!!). It's surprising how pleasant it is to read such messages, even after such a rubbish day. In the words of The Wire, you're good people.

I admit, Horley isn't the most desirable place by any means. It's not Pikey town, it's just another town that has a few too many lazy or frustrated people in it. And Court Lodge. You have to go but a mile or two to get to some really nice areas, and even Horley itself has its occasionally respectable roads or estates.

The teenagers who appear to be known for performing such acts as befell me on Monday morning are known, and causing outrage in the town - it's not the norm.

That said, a child urinating outside my front window on Sunday, combined with the theft of my stuff later that evening (An Xbox with no cables, a Wii with no cables or remotes, a wallet full of cancelled credit cards, a watch that doesn't keep the right time and an encrypted laptop) is enough to make me want out. Quick smart.

To Reigate! Where I intend to power my house with the blood of virgins!