Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mackail-Smith

Signed for Brighton, well done Poyet, didn't see him going there.

Comments

• Options

wow what a coup pboro must be livid, hope it goes well for brighton cos he aint gonna be cheap on wages that could bankrupt them if they aint careful and they follow it uyp with over marque style signings,

but i like brighton so thumbs up for gioving it a go

• Options
    Great signing for them, West Ham and Leicester were said to have spoken to him. Apparently Warnock wanted him for QPR but their board blocked it.
  • Options
    Great signing for them, West Ham and Leicester were said to have spoken to him. Apparently Warnock wanted him for QPR but their board blocked it.

He turned down a PL club, Wigan I think.
  • Options
    Well done Brighton ... Hamsters won't be happy ;-)
  • Options
    poyet's obviously down a powell and sold the club like a treat!
  • Options
    well done mr poyet good luck to them!!! :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Just spoke to my Brighton mate and he is a bit stunned - MS turned down the spammers and Leicester (as well as at least one prem club) to sign for them.  Good work by Poyet.  Staying with Posh would have definitely been a backwards move.  It's more than they have spent on anyone, ever.  Onwards and upwards for BHA, methinks.

Good quality of life down there though, with a cracking new stadium.....much better than many of the other options if you ask me!

• Options
    As I've mentioned before - in a former life I used to know his father - good bloke, liked a beer, that's MS senior, not junior.
  • Options
    Good luck to them, hope they finish above Palace too.
  • Options
    i hope everyone finishes above palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That as well
  • Options

Their previous record signing was Will Hoskins for about 900k a few weeks ago, so this well trumps it.

Tony Bloom (their owner) is seriously minted, stumped up £93 million to build the new stadium.

They had sold out 17,000 season tickets for next season before last season even finished. 2,500 of those are '1901 Club' STs that cost £over £2k a season!

Managed to get 10s on them to get promoted, now down to 5s/6s.

• Options

LOL Marriot....

Hope Brighton go up and the mutually reviled stripey ones end up in the mire of League one just as we crawl out of it!

• Options
    Yes that so we do not have to play them ever again in the league!
  • Options
    Posh agreed a deal 6 weeks ago with QPR, but the owners refused to back Warnock with the cash.

Brighton are preparing for 2-3 years of consolidation in the CCC so don't go too mad with your bets.
  • Options
    How long before the big boys start talking to Poyet ? I hope he resists them, as somebody said previously it's a nice area to live and work in. Tevez has shown that, ok he's now very wealthy, but family should always come first. A lesson that a lot of so called superstars don't seem to have learned. 
  • Options
    What a coup, he is an excellent signing. Can't believe a bigger club didn't force the issue.
  • Options

Well, except Millwall!
  • Options

Well, except Millwall!
    Nope, even millwall
  • Options
    Brighton has a new stadium, a top manager and with the waning of Portsmouth could well become, along with Southampton, a top club in a prosperous and ever developing area. Brighton play good football and Mackail-Smith will fit in very well there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think he's made the right move.

QPR sounds like an awful club  to be involved with

West Ham will be moving to a half-empty stadium, the fans will be on big sams back after 5 games when everyone calms down and realises that you need more than a fat manager and Kevin Nolan to get out of that league. I doubt CMS would be the striker picked in a 451 and would probably be forced out on to the running track

Leicester could be any generic Championship club in an ikea stadium

Brighton are moving in to world class facilities in a great part of the country to live in. Selling season tickets like hot cakes and more and more dormant BHA fans from the area are taking an interest. Wouldn't surprise me if BHA overtook as the biggest fan base in Kent

• Options

The one move of the summer that didn't make sense to me was Glenn Murray to Palace , until now. Why would someone move from BHA to Selhurst atm ?

Maybe Murray knew that Hoskins and CMS were being lined up so a likely starting place at Palace became attractive against being a squad striker at the Seagulls . 

• Options
    Palace offered Murray more money

• Options

The one move of the summer that didn't make sense to me was Glenn Murray to Palace , until now. Why would someone move from BHA to Selhurst atm ?

Maybe Murray knew that Hoskins and CMS were being lined up so a likely starting place at Palace became attractive against being a squad striker at the Seagulls . 

Possible but maybe more likely that Brighton had hoped to keep Murray and when they lost him had to find a replacement.  And a very costly on it seems.

If Palace offered higher wages I wonder how that compares to what Brighton are paying CMS plus the fee.

Then again maybe Poyet didn't think Murray was worth more than he was offered.

Will be interesting to see which player, and club, does the better.
  • Options
    Given a choice I'd prefer to have Glenn Murray rather than Mackail-Smith in the Charlton forward line.