Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

11 reasons not to watch England v Spain

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Foster (Watford); Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Everton), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Woodgate (Middlesbrough); Gerrard (Liverpool, capt), Carrick (Man Utd), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Lampard (Chelsea), Dyer (Newcastle); Crouch (Liverpool).

Comments

• Options
    Gerrard? Would love to see him in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    The team looks like it's been cobbled together
  • Options
    Always watch Enger-land on TV although friendlies tend to be turgid affairs. Will no doubt be a 1-1 draw with not a great deal to excite.
  • Options
    "The team looks like it's been cobbled together "

Yes, I agree.
  • Options
    i had a dream last night that charlton equalised against chelsea in the last minute, from a holland/kish combination free kick on the edge of the 18 yard box. i sat in the front rows of the north lower (probably next to that nazi fella) and steven gerrard ran over to me to celebrate in a charlton shirt!!!!!
  • Options
    What's the point of playing Phil Neville? At his age he's hardly part of the future.

England should be using games like this to blood younger players when the established players for a position aren't fit.

Is Aaron Lennon injured?
  • Options
    STEVE MCLAREN x 10

i CAN;T BE ASSED x 1
  • Options
    A lot of anti-England stuff on here lately

I'll be watching
  • Options
    i'm watching too
    also want to watch 21's tonight.
  • Options
    It's England,we gotta watch,under 21's aswell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Johnson/Defoe playing instead of Bent - That is a Very good reason not to watch any England Game.
  • Options
    england are pants, will never win bugger all, cos all the players maclaren picks are up themselves primadonna mugs, who dont give a sht as long as they can sell a book! Why pick jenas, p nev et al in the first place! waste of time! And how that kirk land gets in front of carson is beyond me! utter ball bags
  • Options
    u dont sound very english to me,no matter who plays its still our country mate or maybe not in your case.
  • Options
    The team is shit, I'm very English, and seeing a team that poor put on the shirt worries me, and Mclaren is proving what a poor coach he is
  • Options
    But as Charlton fans we aint got great players pulling on the shirt and we have several shite players and i bet u still get behind us so do the same for the national side(even tho the comment wasnt for you)
  • Options
    I'll get behind them, always will, but the National shirt is getting undervalued when someone like Keiron Dyer walks into the side
  • Options
    I agree fella,but what can we do,i know as well as you that England will never win a major tournament,but Charlton will never win the premiership but we all go week in week out,it's like an addiction we will always follow both until we die,that's how it is.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'll get behind them, always will, but the National shirt is getting undervalued when someone like Keiron Dyer walks into the side[/quote]

I'm more hacked off at seeing Crouch get picked again. The England team exists as a shop window for the big clubs to promote their players. Would Crouch or Dyer get in the side if they were at Charlton?
  • Options
    No prob not,but whats all the whingeing about if u dont wanna watch it then dont,but im sure if we were to get to a major final you lot would be the first to tune in.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]A lot of anti-England stuff on here lately

I'll be watching

Fair play to you mate.

I would not describe any of it as 'anti-english'. I'm a chief one and you know me and hopefully know full well what i'm about.

I just can't relate to the current crop. Your Dyers, Ferdinands, Ashley Cole etc. They're simply not footballers i ever relate to.

Of course i want my country to win anything / everything. And come any tournament finals i'll be cheering them on with full gusto in the pub. But i won't travel / spend money for it unless its lining a decent night out, and i won't shed hopes / tears over, lets be honest, if i bumped into in the pub, a bunch of vankers....

Love my country, and respect the fact they have got to the top and are representing it.

Like them, feel pride with them, feel like we're all in it together under the St George flag ? Then no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just think it's a shit team, no being Anti England, just Mclaren a tosser to boot.

As for identifying with players, they earn what they earn, and fair play to them, if those players want to spend there money on a bit of bling or their WAG, then it's up to them.
  • Options
    Have to admit as someone who has come into this thread very much mid-flow. I am just back from the Emerates and the Brazil- Portugal jolly.

Football wise- absolutely nothing to talk about- complete cack- nowever the same cannot be said for the atmosphere from the wonderfully ecletic mix in the ground and, dare i say it the Stadium ( my first visit to the Emerates!)

If you want to watch the match tommorrow for football or passion reasons-IMHO, don't bother- it means nothing.

For me- was a seriously diferent experience today to go as a "plastic"and to be concerned about anything other than the result.

Despite my total belief last summer that we would win the World Cup- Tommorrow's match- what match?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]But as Charlton fans we aint got great players pulling on the shirt and we have several shite players and i bet u still get behind us so do the same for the national side(even tho the comment wasnt for you)
    But the difference is, the crap players we have at Charlton are the best we can do. With England there seems to be a hell of a lot of team selection based on "your face fits" rather than being the best player for that position. Phil Neville? Oh puhlease!
  • Options
    England is becoming an old mans club with thier little favourites.

Phil Neville why? Gareth Barry is better this season.

Ben Foster why? Scott Carson has been better this season.

Kieron Dyer why? Defoe/Lennon have been better this season. I would rather see James Milner.

SWP why? Because he plays for Chelsea? Yes probably. How can you start for you national country when you make sub appearances each week.

Oh well I will still be watching.
  • Options
    Me too,i know its not a gret side but as an Englishman i think its my duty to watch.I agree i neither would pay to go n watch them at the mo and Steve Mclaren is a w***er.
  • Options
    still don't think bent should walk into the side, a> he's injured b> he doesn't go back and get the ball enough. i've said this before and got shot down, and maybe its the way he's been told to play or the way our formation is, but you don't see him back in the middle of it winning the ball a la rooney, owen etc
    defend from the front!
  • Options
    Phil god damn Neville instead of Gareth Barry

says it all
  • Options
    Totally agree,great point Suzi
  • Options
    I used to really enjoy watching England frendlies but they became a joke under sven and now I can't really be bothered with them as McClaren doesn't seem to be much different.

I'll watch tonight if I'm indoors and there's nothing else on but I wouldn't be too bothered about missing it.
  • Options
    ahem!