Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPad settings

Ok folks. With talktalk. Can receive and send email ok when at home. When out and about and connecting with wifi, say in Costa coffee, can receive email ok but can't send email. Talktalk say it's because I would have to change the outgoing mail settings to that of whichever wifi I am connected to at that time.

Is this right? Does anyone else have this problem? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Yes - have the same problem on my iPhone.  I'm with talktalk too.  Can receive any email on wi-fi - but cannot send.  Have never managed to work it out - some sort of problem with the outgoing POP server I think.  Anyway I tend to wait until I'm in a 3G area to send! 
  • Yeah, problem is that you have to change the outgoing mail server each time you access through a different wifi connection. Can imagine the response if asking a Costa barista 'can you tell me what your outgoing email server settings are please'. Sometimes a skinny latte is beyond their comprehension.
  • Arent all the Costa and Starbucks on BT Openzone? They'd all have the same access settings surely?
  • didn't you used to be able to get around this by using hotmail (via https), not sure it's still the case though