Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Killing

edited July 2011 in Not Sports Related
Anyone watch it last night? Could only manage half an hour as having recently watched the excellent original version I found myself taking an instant dislike to it.

Comments

• I missed the original series so made sure I watched the U.S version.

Not bad  -  but felt it wasnt that true to life & the "detectives" would have asked a few more questions before finding the body.

• I like it but know nothing about original. Seen 3 episodes and have a bunch more to watch at home.
  • Never saw the original and I thought it was good
  • The original series was about 10 hours too long and had two plots too many, the US series is a more violent and rushed version .. I'm sticking to Wallander and Spiral
  • fair enough, wasn't too long for me, was sorry when it ended!
  • fair enough, wasn't too long for me, was sorry when it ended!
    having said that it was far too long, I did watch every minute of it and found it strangely compelling (and I will claim that I guessed the murderer's id after 2 episodes). It's nice just to watch 'foreign TV' for the different architecture, way of life, police procedures, diet, scenery, topography etc, and to listen to the various languages. Danish is seriously weird !!!
  • I found myself strangely loving the Danish language though. Yeah I was the same with guessing the killer at first, however found myself changing my mind many times with all the plot twists so didn't mind!

Is Spiral worth buying? season 1 & 2 on Play for £14.99

• I found myself strangely loving the Danish language though. Yeah I was the same with guessing the killer at first, however found myself changing my mind many times with all the plot twists so didn't mind!

Is Spiral worth buying? season 1 & 2 on Play for £14.99

I think Spiral, all 3 (or is it 4 by now) series are terrific. Fast action, real characters, delicious French babes, good food and clothes .. worth every penny
  • Enjoyed Spiral, thought the Killing was brilliant.  Doesn't mean some of the plot twists were just ludicrous.  Sure I know the impossible happens, but tracing phones within hours and having a Eureka moment every twenty four hours is a bit ludicrous.  Having said that the Killing's casting and characterisations were beautifully drawn, those in office or positions were of varying ages and varying positions.  Frankly as soon as I saw the detective's boss in the US show, I just thought it was cliche driven.  I'd think the detective sergeant/lieutenant would struggle to get voted onto the geriatric retired policeman's organisation.  And when he shadow boxed with the detective's son, it was just a cringeworthy sterotyped scene worthy of Police Squad.

Watchable but hardly made me want to come immediately back like Spiral or the Danish one.