Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carole King & James Taylor

What a couple of class acts they remain. Songs that will last forever. And to think JT is 63 and Ms King (hope she doesn't mind me saying this) is in her 70th year but they sound as good as they did all those years ago.

Comments

• Careful Chirpy will be moaning about "why is this on a football forum?  ; - )

Just watched that.   Both fantastic talents and together just great

Now watching the Byrds to the Eagles programme

• Careful Chirpy will be moaning about "why is this on a football forum?  ; - )

Just watched that.   Both fantastic talents and together just great

Now watching the Byrds to the Eagles programme

• What a couple of class acts they remain.  And to think JT is 6'3 and Ms King (hope she doesn't mind me saying this) is too small to be a defender but they play as good as they did all those years ago.

• I don't moan when people talk about things worth talking about.

Actually I hardly join in anything apart from non-football threads these days.

JT&CK, a match made in heaven.

• Two of the gems from the treasure trove of popular music from a golden era.

James was always a bit to country for me, but loved his show at the bbc when he first came to  the UK.

Neil Young/Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell will probably grab the accolades , but these two are a class act/s.

Joni wrote some wonderful songs, that would be in my selection of desert islands discs, whose voice is shot these days , more the pity!

Better not go on, the young un's get jealous?...... 
  • I saw the last few songs from the gig last night.
    You've Got a Friend is one of the most beautiful songs ever written, added to that Taylors voice is superb, he is also an great blues guitar player.
    Where have all the singer/songwriters gone, I think X factor and the like have a lot to answer for, we seem to live in a Kareoke culture these days.

*Christ I sound like me dad!!!!!
  • To play her first concert for 27 years at the BST in Hyde Park. Will play the whole of Tapestry, some 45 years after it was originally recorded.

At the age of 74 too. And I bet she sounds just as good as ever.