Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tug of War

My wife and daughters are doing the relay for life, a 24 hour walking relay starting at 12 noon today and I got roped into doing the tug of war

This is the first time I've ever done it and can definately say " It's not as easy as it looks! "

Being the big fat lump they put me on the end and the first couple of pulls were ok but then some giant monsters of blokes turned up

I now have burn marks down the inside of my arms and in the last pull I was involved in, everyone bar me let go and I got dragged along on my belly!

But it was all for charity!

Anyone else tried this and were surprised how hard it was?

Comments

• London marathon = Hard
    Tug of war = Darts = Snooker = Pool = Not Hard.
  • I would have liked to have seen that lol
  • It used to be an olympic sport.
  • So did jumping through a hanging barrel according to the advert
  • London marathon = Hard
    Tug of war = Darts = Snooker = Pool = Not Hard.
    Rubbish!

Look at all of the fat fuckers that get around a marathon course. Now tell me if they could make a 147 break. 

Just because something isn't physically hard to do doesn't make it "not hard",
  • Just because something isn't physically hard to do doesn't make it "not hard",

....as many a disappointed lady have heard!
  • I would have liked to have seen that lol
    p*ss taker!

When you gonna fix my shower coz after my physical pursuits today, Ireally am beginning to smell!
  • My grandfather used to promote an annual athletics meet at Wembley Pool in the amateur days and the highlight for me was the tug of war. Done properly, take the strain and nobody would move for a minute or two. Then minute testers, no words but suddenly an attack which may be defended or not. Could go on for ages. A great spectator sport should be revived. Sunbury Regatta has pub teams that make a good go. Factory teams of old have all gone.