Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Picnic At Hanging Rock

Jesus H. Christ, what a  amazing film this is. Haven't seen it for a few years and just watched it again - one of the most beautiful pieces of cinema ever made. Having been to the rock itself last year it made it even better watching it. If you haven't seen it, I recommend tracking it down (the director's cut, not the silly version released on DVD a few years back)

Comments

• Is that the C.G.I yogi bear film when he and boo boo liberate tasty snacks?
  • You seen Senna yet Leroy? Just watched it, it's really quite compelling. Fantastically well made to capture the drama of it all from just archive footage.
  • Motor racing does nothing for me at all. I'd rather watch snails racing in the desert, so no matter how good the film is I'd be bored to tears. Honestly, when they start gabbling about it at work after a grand pricks I leave the room.
  • Yeah, it's a great film.  I love Vivean Gray (better known for her role in Neighbours - though for me The Sullivans was far better) as the prim old school teacher.
  • Don't think you need to have any interest in motor racing tbh Leroy, it's about Senna the man and he's a interesting personality and it's a interesting and ultimately tragic story.
  • I would agree about the Cinematic feel to the film (yeah - I don't know what that means either) but the film left me non plussed. Perhaps it was meant to.....?
  • Stunning film
  • It's one of the very few films that I went to the premier of which have utterly disappointed me.

Beautifully photographed but absolutely nothing happens!

• It's one of the very few films that I went to the premier of which have utterly disappointed me.

Beautifully photographed but absolutely nothing happens!

Except a story which manages to contain angst, yearning, period drama, coming of age, the class divide, horror, sci-fi and an underlying lesbian subtext, you mean?