Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

M.O.T expiry

Bought my car back in febuary and have mislaid my m.o.t cert. The problem is i don't know where the test was done so i cant go and get a replacement. I know the D.V.L.A supposedly hold this information as the old bill can flag up your car with their computer. I recall it was before the tax expires by a fair bit but other than that, fuck knows! Last thing i want is to be driving without a "ticket".

Any idea's how i can find this out?

Comments

• Contact DVLA. All the MOT testing places are linked-up to their main compooter.
    You should be able to get a duplicate (can't get the tax without it!)
  • Contact DVLA. All the MOT testing places are linked-up to their main compooter.
    You should be able to get a duplicate (can't get the tax without it!)
    Ta mate. thought they would have the info, just couldn't see it on their site. Not an issue regarding the tax, as i know the mot runs out first anyway.
  • you need to go on the VOSA website, if you have your V5 there is a document id no. that you input along with the reg and it gives the MOT expiry, and i think they maybe able to issue replacement docs
  • Many thanks ads. found it on there. Doesn't expire til Sept, so all good at the mo. :-)
  • If you renew your car tax on line the system checks for MOT and insurance.
  • edited July 2011
    As ME14 says.
    I phoned them recently with a similar problem Tango and they were brilliant - even gave me details on my other cars and advised/asked me if one of my log books had an out of date address (which it had)
    Really nice people very efficient and helpful.
    Also popped to a local DVLA office where a replacement tax was issued to me instantly after one had been nicked off one of my motorbikes.
    Again jolly friendly and efficient
  • Don't forget you can renew your MOT well in advance (3 weeks?) and have it take effect from the existing expiry date.
  • You can check here http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECSID-Internet-Status-Request.jsp assuming you've got your log book.

Reminds me, mine's 2 weeks overdue...