Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson

2»

Comments

• Options
    He's certainly been through a lot with us, doesn't even seem to show signs of ageing, does he use L'Oriel?
  • Options
    Due a testimonial?
  • Options
    The Bolton game I remember well.   Sitting in the east stand and just watching  this fella grit his teeth and think "fuck it "  I'm not losing to this lot. 

And he didn't.  
  • Options
    to be fair to the original poster, when was the last time jj scored a goal? I think his legs have gone.
  • Options
    to be fair to the original poster, when was the last time jj scored a goal? I think his legs have gone.
    Beat me to it, hahaha
  • Options
    He'll do well for us as manager in D3 when Bowyer fecks off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His book, when it comes, is going to blow Nelsons out of the water!
  • Options
    Johnny is great and a Charlton institution. Glad we’ve signed him up for the long term. However if he’s responsible for set pieces he needs to up his game because we are currently absolutely shite at them. 
  • Options
    One of our greatest ever signings. I honestly think we'd be in a much deeper and darker hole if it wasn't for Jacko. One of two players to survive the proper first team overhaul by Powell, he was key in our league winning season (second top scorer), key in the season we finished 9th in the Championship (top scorer) where he drove the incredible revival against Cardiff which is still one of my favourite ever matches - and the birth of SISS - as well as being brilliant in the Watford 4-3 on New Year's Day, the Bolton 3-2 comeback and the Barnsley 6-0. He was also a real leader in our 2013/14 season when we needed one, scoring the last minute equaliser on New Year's Day against Ipswich to give us some belief, the emotional winner against QPR to give us even more, where you could see just how much the club meant to him, and one of the goals in the Watford win which confirmed our safety for another season. Plus when our game against Donny was getting rained off and their players were trying to sweep the water away he poured a bottle of water onto the pitch just to be a dick. He didn't play as much in 2014/15 but still scored the winner against Norwich and helped keep the squad united in a difficult period of turmoil. The next season was a horrible train wreck but my good memories of that season are all him; him coming on against Fulham when 2-0 down, scoring a header with his first touch of the ball on 81 minutes and inspiring the team to a 2-2 draw, him opening the scoring against Wednesday in one of the few matches where we actually looked good, him scoring the only goal in a win against Birmingham, leading the team to the 4-1 win against Rotherham where we thought like idiots like we might save ourselves again and of course offering to refund the fans and standing up during that horrible period agianst Colchester, Huddersfield and Hull. More shake-ups the next season but there he was still keeping the side together as his career started to wind down a little, before becoming a player-coach the next season after yet another sacking, helping restore a real Charlton feeling to the team under Bowyer and laying the groundwork for a promotion season the next year. And when Bauer scored the winner in the play-off final, who else was there to meet him but Jackson, doing his nut in celebration. The whole time we've had horrible owners, horrible players and shit managers Jackson has been the constant helping keep that link between the fans and the club until a new ownership could come in and hopefully restore it fully. Thanks Jacko.
    WOW ! Fantastic post, Garry. 

Those words have brought back so many great memories of the man who epitomises the term legend. 

I feel extremely fortunate to have met most of my Charlton heroes via POTY & our visits to SL and all have exceeded  my  expectations. 

But, without a shadow of doubt, SCP and JJ remain joint top of that very special League of Gentlemen. 
  • Options
    I will always remember the two free kicks against the Sheffields in consecutive games.
  • Options
    Weird when you look at his goalscoring feats for us that he was originally signed on loan as LB cover for Grant Basey (who is also in the dugout now!). And went back injured after 4 games

If we hadn't resigned him in the summer, he would have been just one member of the long list of obscure loan signings that we've made down the years.

• Options
    Weird when you look at his goalscoring feats for us that he was originally signed on loan as LB cover for Grant Basey (who is also in the dugout now!). And went back injured after 4 games

If we hadn't resigned him in the summer, he would have been just one member of the long list of obscure loan signings that we've made down the years.

All I took from that was that jj started the injury crisis and is obviously the cause for this season’s injuries. Sack him