Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chairman Michael Slater & Managing Director Steve Kavanagh at Bromley Addicks-Tuesday 6th September

This will be a MEMBERS ONLY meeting.

But fear not, if you're not a member you can pay on the night.  Those of you whose memberships ran out at the end of last season can also pay when you get there.

Membership is £5 for adults, £3 for seniors and free for children and full time students.

Those that have been before will tell you that these meetings (they'll be another four or five this season) are well worth £5 for the chance to hear direct from the people who run the Club what is happening and to question them.  It's an open floor, no prepared questions, you just stick  your hand up and ask.  And you might even meet some other lifers but only if you want to.

Other planned meetings will include two current players, players from the 86 promotion side (to coincide with the 25th anniversary), the return of Chris Powell and Richard Murray and, if we can sort out dates two US based managerial legends.  All to be confirmed.  For more info contact tony.warran@btinternet.com to join our mailing list.

The meeting starts at 7.45 pm with group's AGM.   Mr Slater and Mr Kavanagh will be on at 8.00.

The downstairs bar will be open from 6.00 pm and the upstairs bars where the meeting is held from 7.30pm

There will be a raffle, most likely of one of the signed player shirts from last April's shirt sponsors evening.

Usual venue:
Bickley and Widmore WM Club
Tylney Road
Bromley
BR1 2QE

See you all there.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011

bump

• Options
    Will they have the 'Peoples Cup ' Trophy with them?
  • Options
    O!  Never thought of that.

Kav, I know you're reading this.  Can you bring the trophy with you, please?

Cheers

: - )
  • Options

Cliquetastic.

• Options

Cliquetastic.

Don't be an Troll BFR.  I don't see you slagging off NW Kent when they have members only meetings and all their meetings are members only.

And as it's their group they can do what they like, just like Bromley Addicks do.  Not as if we didn't say in big letters so even you could understand "But fear not, if you're not a member you can pay on the night."
  • Options
    Bloody cliques.
  • Options

Cliquetastic.

Don't be an Troll BFR.  I don't see you slagging off NW Kent when they have members only meetings and all their meetings are members only.

And as it's their group they can do what they like, just like Bromley Addicks do.  Not as if we didn't say in big letters so even you could understand "But fear not, if you're not a member you can pay on the night."

Whooosh...

• Options
    Did you get that from Wiki?
  • Options

Cliquetastic.

Thanks for the publicity , Henry (?????) but a note of caution....

It's true that our Q & A meetings used to be "members only" as our thinking is why would fans bother to join/renew if ANYONE could access the events where players/Club officials are our guests .

However, last season we made the decision to admit non members for a small entry fee ( usually £2 or £3 ) which was earmarked for the Charity we currently supported. And there is always the option to join on the night with memberships taken at our AGM/Q & A in late season rolling over to the end of July the following year ( All our memberships run from 1st August to end of July the following year)

Hope that clarifies things and that we'll welcome some new faces to Bexley in the forthcoming season.

BTW.. . I did put in a request for Michael Slater &/or Tony Jimenez last season  but was told that it was not possible at the time, hence we were happy to welcome Peter Varney and Steve Kavanagh instead.

And the NWKA committee has decided NOT to request the presence of our Manager this term as it has been the kiss of death in the past. Both Les Reed and Alan Pardew parted company with the Club within weeks of joining us , and a sign stating " Abandon hope all ye ( managers) that enter here" has been erected above the door to the Les Reed Room at BSSC .

We don't want to lose you, Chris !

• Options
    edited July 2011

Cliquetastic.

"Troll" do grown men really use the word troll? I thought that honor or honour was reserved for the interweb teens, I really need to get with the program or in the printed form programme (but lets face it nobody prints anything nowadays surely?).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Looks like you've got every angle covered.
    At last!
    Hedgey stuff!
  • Options
    not sure what you mean ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I thought id edge my bets ;-)