Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Den Bosch Valley 26th July

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Good to see that the new signings are going to experience the gracious Valley turf before a competitive league game! Can't wait to see them don the shirt and run out to the red, red robbins. Am so excited about the new season!

COYR

Comments

• Options
    I don't get to midweek matches, but well done Charlton for those prices.
  • Options
    Prices? havent been announced yet have they? certainly can't see them on the web site
  • Options
    Granpa 8:11AM Quote
    I don't get to midweek matches, but well done Charlton for those prices.

Prices???
  • Options
    apparently there a well 'drilled' team....
  • Options
    I remember seeing Den Bosch many moons ago. I have a feeling we sneaked a win. I also seemed to recall thinking it was a significant result - it probably wasnt. Anyone else remember this game - I guess it was the era of Matt Tees and Ray Treacy but I could be wrong. Anyone remember this?
  • Options
    I remember seeing Den Bosch many moons ago. I have a feeling we sneaked a win. I also seemed to recall thinking it was a significant result - it probably wasnt. Anyone else remember this game - I guess it was the era of Matt Tees and Ray Treacy but I could be wrong. Anyone remember this?
    no, but I have a programme for sale (seriously I do) if you want to start the bidding.
  • Options
    no, but I have a programme for sale (seriously I do) if you want to start the bidding.
    I am pretty sure I already have that one. I think I treasured it because it was such a big game.
  • Options
    Am looking forward to it - I think with so many new players a home game before the season starts will be beneficial. Would be nice to see quite a few addicks show up for it too.
  • Options

One of the programmes that I kept as it was one of the few games that John Stenson started and I knew him well living oppostie me at Grove Park.

• Options
    Can remember travelling to Den Bosch with a few friends in 1968 to see Charlton play there in a pre-season friendly. Fairly insignificant game, which resulted in a 2-0 defeat best remembered for the sending off of Jimmy Mullen. If my memory serves me right we also, played DWS Amsterdam in the Olympic Stadium on this tour and won 1-0 thanks to a Matt Tees goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much are tickets?
  • Options
    How much are tickets?
    £5 I do believe
  • Options
    How much are tickets?
    £5 I do believe
    I believe for a friendly they should do a kid for a quid day. £1 for U18's £5 for everyone else.
  • Options
    How much are tickets?
    £5 I do believe
    I believe for a friendly they should do a kid for a quid day. £1 for U18's £5 for everyone else.
    Thats cos you're a cheap bastard
  • Options
    JUNIOR
  • Options

Agree I like the kid for a quid schemes, it gets the kids going to the valley and supporting Charlton. That's the reason our support is so good now because of the schemes we did in the 90's under curbs.
  • Options
    But if the adult tickets are only 5 quid please give them a chance to just about break even after the costs of opening the Valley, staffing it etc.

• Options
    How much are tickets?
    £5 I do believe
    Thats cos you're a cheap bastard
    How could that be when I am 18? I'm just stating a way for the club to get more people excited for the season by familys turning up and then want to come more in the season if they enjoy the friendly.
  • Options
    It's an evening game, therefore not so many families will be able to make it anyway. Can't moan at a fiver.
  • Options
    It's is during the school holidays so more likely to attract kids than normal.

Has the OS said it's £5 or just Nathan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's an evening game, therefore not so many families will be able to make it anyway. Can't moan at a fiver.

Says on the OS. And that's what I was thinking about attracting more and I'm not moaning as no matter what I would have to pay £5 just saying really it could off been an option.
  • Options

On the OS

"Seats are £5 for all age groups, although disabled fans will be entitled
    to a free helper. Tickets will also be available to buy online next week."
  • Options
    Says on the OS. And that's what I was thinking about attracting more and I'm not moaning as no matter what I would have to pay £5 just saying really it could off been an option.
    Thanks
  • Options
    At least they are not called New Den Bosch.....
  • Options
    I had a washing machine of a similar name.

Hopefully this team won't be wishy washy...

*I'll get my coat and leave...
  • Options

now for silverware

if its level after 90 minutes it goes to pens to decide the winner of the 'People's Cup'

• Options
    Lets go for the quadruple - League 1 title, JPT, Kent Senior Cup and the People's Cup. 
  • Options
    I'll be going to the valley for this
  • Options
    will the lib be open? would be nice to have a few beers before if its not peeing down
  • Options
    I bet they bring quite a few with them.