Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
A Realization whilst washing up hit me. 

Why do we need a right back? i know there is the need for cover but freddie warren showed he is more than capable morrison can play there as well yet were fixated on buying a new RB

If Chris Solly played for somebody else surely we'd try to buy him? he fits into CP's ethos of young players proving themselves. and wanting to grow as a unit.
And i know people will say he's not tall enough but im beginning to think zigic isn't for this club.

Comments

• Options

all these washing up hallucinations .. i get 'em all the time, must be the bubbles from the soap.

I agree, there is no desperate need to sign a right back. What is needed is another (large) centre back and a spare striker

• Options
    dangerous stuff that fairy liquid!
  • Options
    Solly will do well, but we need to make sure we have adequate cover. 45 minutes against Welling is not enough to say if Warren will be good enough for a coup,e of months in League 1 if Solly got a bad injury and Solly's injury record is a bit patchy to be fair. Morrisson could cover but if that's the plan we need to have enough centre backs to make sure we're not left short elsewhere in defence if we have to move Morrisson accross.
  • Options
    That's why CP is having a good look at Andersen who can also play CB not forgetting the Doc of course. Solly and Warren will do for me.
  • Options
    Get a dish-washer.
  • Options
    Get a dish-washer.
    are you suggesting that a mechanical dish washer would have more profound thoughts than me whilst in it's dry cycle?
  • Options
    Get a dish-washer.
    are you suggesting that a mechanical dish washer would have more profound thoughts than me whilst in it's dry cycle?
    We've been all thinking it. It took guts for you to come out and say it.
  • Options
    Get a dish-washer.
    We've been all thinking it. It took guts for you to come out and say it.
    Olé .. don't sit too long in the sun, it will dry up what few sarcastic brain cells you have left
  • Options
    I feel suitably stung by your biting retort.
  • Options
    I feel suitably stung by your biting retort.
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the right team, Solly will do well. However I think we should keep Francis or buy a new CB with Solly starting. Warren shouldn't be rushed into things.
  • Options
    It seems that Powell doesn't  fancy Francis at all but if no one wants to sign him, he is here for another year it seems
  • Options

I would like to see Francis go. I wish him well however he was part of the dreadful team last season and I only want a few left in the team i.e BWP, Benson, Elliot, Wagstaff and Jackson.

• Options
    I've never really been a fan of his, but tonight he was superb.

He got to 2 balls I thought were impossible (one header and one sprint), as well as a quality tackle in our box early on.

A proper 90 minute shift, with excellent contributions, so fair play to the lad.

Well Done.
  • Options
    S-Dog to his mates.
  • Options
    Thought Solly played really well , Colchester kept lumping balls over the top to take advantage of his height , but he took everything they threw at him , and bombed forward as well.
  • Options
    Thought Solly played really well , Colchester kept lumping balls over the top to take advantage of his height , but he took everything they threw at him , and bombed forward as well.
    Agree, showed that his height is no big deal as he can cope against even the more physical sides in the league, was very impressed again and after Francis last year- think we have a real asset.
  • Options

He is going to be great for us, he just needs games, i love the way he is going to turn around those that doubted him and it will happen, solid defender, good footballer, and is mates with a Glee Jacket wearing lifer who feels itr is ok to call his homie S- Dog

Get in there Chris Solly

• Options
    He reminds me of Kenny Samsom, even though he's on the right rather than left. If well managed, he's going to be a great player.
  • Options
    Don't forget that Solly was held in higher regard than Jenkinson until he got that bad injury on the ankle (I think?)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I love about not only Solly, but the squad in general, is the fighting spirit they all seem to have at the moment. Although I have been an admirer of Solly and never bought into all this "he's not big enough" malarky, I thought Hughes would get the nod and it was down to Solly to compete and generally accept the fact that he's 2nd choice. The same goes for Waggy & Elliot. But they have all been given their chances for one reason or another, leaving Powell in a position where he can't drop them. As the games start coming thick and fast and players start to get knocks, we'll see others coming in and trying to stake a claim for a shirt. But hats off to Solly & co for making it bloody hard for them.

Just need a CB to add some competition and i'll be very happy.
  • Options
    One of the real advantages of Solly in the first 3 games has actually been his height IMO...every one of our opponents has revolved their entire strategy around smacking long balls over our right back and Solly plus a covering CB have dealt with it easily...long may it continue!
  • Options
    We will now have to ask if potential new signings are small enough then!
  • Options
    how about a thread on smallest players ever to play for cafc ?

ps regardless of his meterage solly can actually PLAY FOOTBALL
  • Options
    how about a thread on smallest players ever to play for cafc ?

ps regardless of his meterage solly can actually PLAY FOOTBALL
    Chrissy Powell was not exactly a giant , and i think he did quite well for us from what i remember ?  ;0
  • Options
    Never been disappointed in solly and could never see what ppl don't like in him, pure 'bigoted hightism''
  • Options
    taking his sister out tonight so ill get her to pass on all your praise
  • Options
    Ha! So you will be our Red under the bed.

;o)
  • Options
    Thats my mate Trevors Bird.
  • Options
    Could be our new nononsense Terry Naylor.The boy is as hard as nails.