Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rommedahl does it at International level...

I read in the paper today that:

'The Danes doubled their lead in the 27th minute with Martin Jorgensen feeding Charlton Athletic's Dennis Rommedahl, whose cross found the head of Jensen'.

This is so frustrating and yet another example of how DR can do it at international level, but not for CAFC. This is exactly what he was bought to do...When was the last time he crossed the ball, let alone found anyone's head???

Comments

• Options
    he set up two in the same match.

i can't remember him setting up two all season.
  • Options
    Drop him he is not bothered !!
  • Options
    I am Denis's biggest critic as I think he has been s**t for 3 years.But last night's game was on eurosport and I watched it.My conclusion is he is just not cut out for premiership football and all the hurly burly that goes with it.Last night in a international match he wasn't pressed so much and had a lot of time on the ball,and I have to say played bloody well.This left me infuriated as I kept thinkin of what might have been.He will leave in the summer of that I have no doubt,just another foreigner who can't cut it in the premiership.
  • Options
    Probably go to another premiership club and play out of his skin!!!

It's obvious he has great potential, but as Northstandsteve says, INFURIATING.
  • Options
    but then how many crosses were put in against Chelsea, and there was no one in the box to receive it? Can't blame the wingers all the time....
  • Options
    Come on Medders half the bloody time he doen't either beat the man at the front post or cross it at all.The facts are there plain and simple,he hasn't got the balls for the premiership,he obviously has something as all the manager's pick him,but for the paying public there is nothing worse than someone picking his dough up but not bothering to put it in.
  • Options
    I reckon that's an outdated attitude. Other teams manage to accommodate a less physical flair player. We've got a bloke with awsome pace we just don't make any use of it. And there's no point getting him into position and then have him hold the ball up while everyone trundles into the box because it's not his game. If you sign someone you should play to their strengths. He remains the only player I have ever seen totally mug off Cannavaro. It's not his fault that he's at a team that hasn't got a clue how to use him.
  • Options
    Rubbish,he has pace to burn so tell me on Saturday why does he get caught offside 2 yards into the Chelsea half.He could give there player a 3 yard start and still beat him.Not a brain cell.For a bloke with awesome pace why won't he push a ball past a full back and run on to it.I remeber players like Tony Currie and Tony Morley who used to do this for fun.Even Paddy Powell had more end product.It's funny isn't it that 3 Manager's haven't been able to get the best out of him.
  • Options
    It must be all of a day since we came up with the 'let's have a go at Dennis' thread. For years we moaned that we didn't have any wingers at all. Now we know why - by their very nature they are frustrating players, who are often not in the game for long periods, and for whom a 30% cross completion is a good performance - look at Opta! I'm maybe in the minority here, but I really think we'll miss Dennis once, inevitably, he goes. As someone else said in one of these earlier threads, when we're breaking quickly from defence, who would you rather have on the ball? Holland? Hughes? Ambrose? Faye? Thomas?? Give me Romm every time - and maybe with a bit more positive encouragement and support in the middle we would see him deliver like he does for Denmark.
  • Options
    The mlst frustrating player EVER - LOCKED ON FACT.

Still gets me on the edge of my seat though in the hope he'll do something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So he has had no support for 3 years is that what you are saying.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Rommedahl rampant as Roos are humbled:
    football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2007430,00.html

"Dennis Rommedahl, exhibiting speed, control and penetration that he has only occasionally produced for Charlton since his £2m move in 2004, sped clear and crossed for Daniel Jensen to head the second. It was turning into an exhibition of the Danes' passing game and shortly before half-time Rommedahl's neat pass left Tomasson with a simple tap-in.

Alan Pardew, Charlton's manager, will be perplexed as to why his Danish winger cannot produce this form in the Premiership. "If the people behind me bring me into the right positions I can create a bit of damage," Rommedahl offered."
  • Options
    obviously the rest of the team are not up to Denis's standards,let's trade them in and keep him and build the whole team around him.He is that good obviously.
  • Options
    I was in Holland on business. When I mentioned Dennis to the guy I was with he said , who was a PSV fan, he said Dennis is an athelete not a footballer.

Spot on really. Pace to burn, no footballing brain.
  • Options
    Quite simply, he doesn't fit the mold in the English game - he doesn't live up to the macho image. This is no doubt a disappointment for some of his team mates, many of the crowd, and probably also his coaches/managers at Charlton. If we don't respect what he does have to offer, it's all too easy to criticise, then this will affect his motivation. I've never seen him have as bad a game as JT did against Wycombe. Shame his goal in the last minute v Palace wasn't at home.
  • Options
    Where does he play for Denmark, I thought he played a free role off the main striker rather than an out and out winger?
  • Options
    Weeg, you're spot on. The number of people that say he doesn't work track back are watching different games. He has no physical presence - true. But you play to that. Jeez, if we had Ronaldinho folk'd be moaning about how few headers he won.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Weeg, you're spot on. The number of people that say he doesn't work track back are watching different games. He has no physical presence - true. But you play to that. Jeez, if we had Ronaldinho folk'd be moaning about how few headers he won.

Quite right! I don't have any problem with Romm jumping out of the way of challenges when he's going to come off worse. He's remarkably non-injury prone given his stature. Guess we just always have to have a scapegoat...I'd rather we picked on the completely ineffective Hughesy...but even then I won't boo his name being read out.
  • Options
    Perhaps Barn Door has the answer. Maybe he isn't an out and out winger and should be given the creative role just behind the forwards. Anything is worth a go - at some stage we have to get the best out of this guy, and when we do it'll certainly be worth watching.

For sure, He is a very talented player. My intention was not to knock him, but to highlight the disparity in his performances (which IS frustrating). There are not many players who have you on the edge of your seat when they get the ball.
  • Options
    What to you think Mourinho would do with player who ducked out of headers and challenges? Just because he is "skillful" doesn't mean he should swan around the pitch hoisting the white flag. In my view he just has a serious head problem that probably requires a frontal lobotomy. If Pards can sort his head out, he could still have a major positive impact on our season. The problem is I doubt whether Sigmund Freud could unravel what sits between his ears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do we have an option to extend his contract I wonder? Probably is my guess, I think he was on a 2 year deal.. anyone know better?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]do we have an option to extend his contract I wonder? Probably is my guess, I think he was on a 2 year deal.. anyone know better?

This is his third season so presumably a 3 year deal.
  • Options
    I also heard it was a two year deal when he signed, probably O/S, but (and from the horses mouth) i have heard that the vast majority of Charlton players contracts have a, negotiated at the outset, one year extention option- same terms.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]do we have an option to extend his contract I wonder? Probably is my guess, I think he was on a 2 year deal.. anyone know better?[/quote]

This is his third season so presumably a 3 year deal.[/quote]

This is his last season under his current contract.
  • Options
    Thank f**k for that goodbye Denis