Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone recommend a driveway layer?

edited July 2011 in Not Sports Related
About to move into a new place in Sidcup, 9m x 5m grass front garden I would like to be dug up and have a driveway layed to stick the car on.

Can anyone recommend anyone decent I can get a quote off of? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Terry Hurlock.
  • Options
    I forget we need the 10 hilarious replies before anything useful here these days ;-)
  • Options
    I forget we need the 10 hilarious replies before anything useful here these days ;-)
    Only 10?!

Try Mike Young, Total Construction Services, 020 8303 3753, mob 07850 117475.
  • Options
    Well why don't you have a walk around just about anywhere and look out for the signs these firms leave behind when they do a job - there are loads of them in the New Eltham/Sidcup area.

These people have got a few signs up just down the road from me. Looks like they've done a decent job on both too.

• Options
    Only 10?!

Try Mike Young, Total Construction Services, 020 8303 3753, mob 07850 117475.
    You have bucked the trend! Thank you sir.
  • Options
    Well why don't you have a walk around just about anywhere and look out for the signs these firms leave behind when they do a job - there are loads of them in the New Eltham/Sidcup area.

These people have got a few signs up just down the road from me. Looks like they've done a decent job on both too.

thanks, just had a quote off a company who have done no fewer than 6 driveways down my old road in the past 9 months but at £3k (mid range style and 2ft digging down) I thought it maybe a bit steep for a 9 x 5 so after a few more quotes.
  • Options
    you shouldnt be digging up lawns and laying hardcore. Very eco unfriendly and a cause of flooding as water has less land in which to drain away.
  • Options
    Drainage was included in the £3k and anyway I need somewhere to park my oil burner!
  • Options
    Drainage was included in the £3k and anyway I need somewhere to park my oil burner!
    burning oil and laying tarmac? ... the work of the devil ... hahahahahaha
  • Options
    burning oil and laying tarmac? ... the work of the pikey... hahahahahaha
    So true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the oil burner being a 2010 ford focus, if this is a crime against the environment then im afraid your just have to suck it up!

thanks for the suggestions so far
  • Options
    Here you go, ecopavers
  • Options
    I've had a few beers, but I read it as driveaway lawyer and thought what!!!!

• Options
    9m x 5m - is this for a car or a lorry ?

Park your car on the street and grow some flowers

• Options
    I've been considering having mine done sometime soon, and I also like the look of Creteprint (as suggested by Off It). They've done a few houses in the West Dartford area that look good.
  • Options
    Creteprint did our driveway last summer, very good job, very professional, no complaints, would definitely recommend.
  • Options

Be very careful with Creteprint drives, a couple of my neighbours had this type of drive laid and they cracked in the second & third years.

Creteprint were happy to come out and repair but it looked aweful due to the fact they could only repair the cracks otherwise the entire drive needed ripping up and re-laying which they were not prepared to do under warrenty. 

• Options
    You get what you pay for and imprinted concrete driveways are a lot cheaper than most other types.
  • Options
    The council are doing some work on the pavements around the corner from me so I'm expecting a knock on the door from a couple of Eastern European contractors to advise me that they have some stuff left over and would I fancy having my drive done? I'll give 'em your number Nichorob.
  • Options
    Noticed a few people have drives done on Faraday Avenue in Sidcup recently. One has a board up - W.S.E with the details on at the moment. They did a nice job including drainage and took their time. A few others were done a lot quicker and no drainage. No doubt the prices reflected this but I know which I'd go for.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    try david seaman (no not that one).....hes a life long charlton man ...general builder ,did my drive id recommend him 07956 313314 ...he lives in welling