Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PS3 Repairs

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Does anyone know where I can take my PS3 to get it repaired? Within Bromley and Orpington area?

I got the yellow light of death where I turn my PS3 on it flashes yellow then it turns off and I can not even take my disc out.

Comments

• Options
    OOH not good that will cost you around 100 quid and its prone to breaking again or u can do it urself there are some walkthroughs on youtube
  • Options
    Sorry this place isn't in your area, but it's very good... Just the other side of the Blackwall Tunnel...  Got my sons fixed for the exact same fault, and they helped me get a refund for the repair by giving me an engineers report saying it shouldn't have died within the 2 year period... 
    They told me to send the report to HMV, where I purchased it from ...
    If you purchased from elsewhere like Sony or Game they won't entertain the idea at all, but other firms value the sales of goods act & customer service... 

They added a fan to the PS3 to help it cool down.... Overheating (which Sony are totally aware of, but won't admit)  is the main reason for YLOD.
    http://ps-pros.co.uk/contact.html
  • Options
    quote european law perhaps, 2 year rule, good luck
  • Options
    the place joe suggests in tower hamlets is top-notch. And they even do a free pick-up and drop-off service, all you have to do is secure it in  a box. I got them to fix my machine when the blu-ray died was done within 48 hrs.
  • Options
    try game or game station they fixed my Xbox when it got the red ring of death
  • Options
    Stick it in the fridge....
  • Options

Whilst I assume you're joking. As it's an overheating problem, are you serious & did it work ? PS I haven't got one just curious.
  • Options
    try game or game station they fixed my Xbox when it got the red ring of death
    Thanks for that. I did not realise Game does repairs.
  • Options
    Nah I put it in the oven instead...................

Are you Percy from addickted? If so, come back on there!
  • Options
    Still can't believe he did that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Had the same happen to my ps3 put it into the original box or similar sized  one, place  a towel over it heat it up with a hair dryer for about seven minutes ( you will smell plastic burning try not to melt the case ) let it cool down,

plug it in and it will work for anything between 1 week and 6 months take to game and trade it in! ( not mentioning yellow light of death, they will test it it will be fine.

• Options
    Jesus Bowman, how do you sleep at night???

If you also smear it in fox entrails whilst spinning it in a clockwise direction at a speed of 168.6 rpm (exactly) between 6am and 7pm on a bank holiday, this will also have the same effect......hope this helps!
  • Options
    Does anyone know where I can take my PS3 to get it repaired? Within Bromley and Orpington area?

I got the yellow light of death where I turn my PS3 on it flashes yellow then it turns off and I can not even take my disc out.
    Can get it done for 60 quid, but itd have to be done this week cos i think the bloke is going away
  • Options
    had my ps3 for about 3 years now, hardly get to use it now since son arrived. friday night put a dvd, brand new dvd out of the packet halfway through skips, pauses, ps3 sounding mental gave up with film, went to game on saturday bought a little long row of fans you plug into the usb on front, watched another film, straight through no errors! my mate keeps telling me to move mt ps3 tho as its not far from my sky box and should i do this? it is increadble just how hot they get after an hour of fifa or watching a blue ray.
  • Options
    I sleep very well, stayintg up now and again to play my brand new ps3 funded by trading in broken ones ....................mwah ha ha
  • Options
    Shoulda got an xbox, boom boom!