Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESPN

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Thinking about getting EPSN - am already a sky sports customer, says the first 3 months are free then after that it is £9 a month.

My question is how would you go to cancel it after the first 3 months and moreover are you actually allowed to do this!?

Has anybody else here had this? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Think you'll find it's a 12 month contract.

I get it free on my Virgin Media Sky Sports package.
  • Options
    I have ESPN and have done so since the demise of Sentanta , if you are a sports nut like me and also enjoy US sports and MMA, I would recommend it as good value
  • Options
    thanks but there on the website there still seems to be no information on whether or not it is possible to get the free 3 months if you are a sky sports customer
  • Options
    Thinking about getting EPSN - am already a sky sports customer, says the first 3 months are free then after that it is £9 a month.

My question is how would you go to cancel it after the first 3 months and moreover are you actually allowed to do this!?

Has anybody else here had this? Thanks
    Yeah, thats right.  I normally have ESPN through the Prem season then turn it off in May, then have it reconnected again at the start of the next season (and I just happened to have it reconnected yesterday afternoon so I could watch the Spurs friendly).

When you cancel, you need to give them 30 days notice.  So if you only intend to keep it for the 3 month period, you need to phone them at the end of the second month.  When you phone up to connect, they go through all this with you on the phone!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Think you'll find it's a 12 month contract.

I get it free on my Virgin Media Sky Sports package.

Crusty im thinking of signing up for SKy sports on VM.  How much is that package you mention if you dont mind me asking?

Ive had VM for a few years now but not sky sports so want to get it.

• Options
    Cheers CE was just seeing if Crusty has a deal ie if im an existing customer i might be able to get a couple of quid off the price on the website if i say i know of people paying less.
  • Options
    Tell them you're moving to Sky. They put you through to a retention team. They wouldn't reduce my price, but they offered the XL TV pack & ESPN for nothing, which would have cost about £30 pm extra.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks mate, yeah i know if you haggle a bit and throw a few (unintentional) ultimatums they play ball a bit more so will do. 
  • Options
    I tried that and they said ok then lol so I then had to back track and say not really

I have VM, had SS and got rid of it. I get ESPN free with the large XL package. And you get free V+ and V-HD with the XL Package
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ha ha. 

Why did you gety rid of SS?

• Options
    It's 30 quid extra a month to have sky sports. Have cancelled for the moment.
  • Options

Christ think ill swerve it then if thats the damage.  Not that bothered about the Premiership anyway was just thinking it would be good for the odd game and the boxing. £400 notes a year is a bit pricey for that though.

• Options
    Trotta you tight git. You can't put a price on sport
  • Options
    Trotta you tight git. You can't put a price on sport

You can £30 as per Curb it's post. Im oot.

• Options
    get off benefits and get working pal
  • Options
    get off benefits and get working pal

Cheers Luv.
  • Options
    VM is not always that clever when you threaten to leave,

If you have broadband they have you by the short'n'curlies.

Package was £45 when I started in 2001 and is now nearer £80 and I've ditched Sky Movies.
  • Options

Cheers Crusty. Yeah I have broadband with them.

Think Ill stick with Charlton games for my football fix lucky ol me. ;-)

• Options
    All sorted! as people have said above got the first 3 months free! Depending on what Prem games are shown i may cancel after 2 months with the 30 day notice!

All set to watch the Copa America tonight!