Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    clearly part of a betting scam!
    My dad could have saved that.

Lucky he was subbed - he would have had a broken leg in retaliation, one suspects!
  • Options
    That was amazing, but dont think I would forgive one of our lot if he tried that and missed. Straight out the door I would think. Reminds me of the Henry/Pires one.
  • Options
    clearly part of a betting scam!
    My dad could have saved that.

Lucky he was subbed - he would have had a broken leg in retaliation, one suspects!
    How would that be part of a betting scam?
  • Options
    lol a betting scam
  • Options
    edited July 2011

what sort of retard was that keeper?  Could understand him letting it in if he'd dived or even commited himself the other way but he just stood there.

• Options
    Yeah of course it's a betting scam, they were already 6-2 up how on Earth would that work?
  • Options
    Yeah of course it's a betting scam, they were already 6-2 up how on Earth would that work?
    Oh do lighten up!
  • Options
    Oh do lighten up!
    It's a genuine question, how would that have worked?  Three people came on straight away saying its a scam and I just don't see it.  So please, how would this betting scam work? 
  • Options
    Where does it say 'you have to be facing forwards whilst taking a penalty in the rule book'? Is it mentioned? No. Therefore, a risky penalty paid off. 

Although wouldn't like JJ or BWP to do that.
  • Options
    Should've been booked for ungentlemanly conduct as he was clearly just taking the piss.

Remember a fella getting booked in a game I was playing in once for getting down on his knees and heading the ball in after he'd stopped it on the line. Ref disallowed the "goal" too.

One for the refs on here, is that right?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    First of all it was only a friendly and secondly they was already 5-2 up with 10 mins left.  I don't think it would really have mattered if he missed or scored.  Yes it would have been stupid if the game meant something but it didn't.
  • Options
    I'd be disapointed with my mum if she had let that one in!
  • Options
    Should've been booked for ungentlemanly conduct as he was clearly just taking the piss.

Remember a fella getting booked in a game I was playing in once for getting down on his knees and heading the ball in after he'd stopped it on the line. Ref disallowed the "goal" too.

One for the refs on here, is that right?

Can't be right, surely...he scored with his head, did nothing illegal.

Ref prob could have booked him for UC though.

• Options
    But isn't ungentlemanly conduct a foul ? In which case was he right to disallow the goal as the "foul" - getting down on his knees to take the piss - happened before the "goal" was scored?

Come on you refs, help us out here!

• Options
    you dont mess with the Zohan.. Disco Disco.....
  • Options
    Its been a long time since I took my ref qualification, but I don't think UC counts as a foul, although it is a bookable offence.  Not sure he should have disallowed the goal, technically.
  • Options
    I'd be disapointed with my mum if she had let that one in!
    I suspect that doing it like that made it quite tough for the keeper - he must have been having a real wtf moment.
  • Options
    shame. RIP