Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Filth.

WSSWSS
edited July 2011 in General Charlton
No @Carter...

Put some of my spare time to use today by getting involved in the seat cleaning operation, and god are those seats filthy.  About 15 people there today and we managed to get all but one block of the West Lower done.

It's going on for another 9 days so if you have some spare hours then get in touch with the club and help out, gives you a chance to meet other Charlton fans and get covered in disinfectant...

Some of the guys there today are doing 7/8/9 days which is staggering commitment for nothing other than a free lunch and a few few tickets/Legends meals.

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to do it, but I'm not allowed as I'm under 18, do you reckon they'd let me do it? I'm a responsible (I think) 16 year-old.
  • Options
    Must be all those smokers discolouring the seats............
  • Options
    I'd love to do it, but I'm not allowed as I'm under 18, do you reckon they'd let me do it? I'm a responsible (I think) 16 year-old.
    it's a funny old world. Paul Konchesky was your age when he made his league debut. OK for him to get kicked around by gnarled old pros but you cant be trusted with a botttle of soap and a duster until you're 18
  • Options
    I would to but as Lincsaddick says  you cant be trusted with a botttle of soap and a duster until you're 18 Its my birthday tomorrow anyway which means i am just 3 years away from my dream job ; )
  • Options
    I am prepared to trust you with a bucket of soapy water, sponge and leather. My car is dirtier than The Valley seats.
  • Options
    I would to but as Lincsaddick says  you cant be trusted with a botttle of soap and a duster until you're 18 Its my birthday tomorrow anyway which means i am just 3 years away from my dream job ; )
    there you go .. first step to a new career, car valet to the stars
    I am prepared to trust you with a bucket of soapy water, sponge and leather. My car is dirtier than The Valley seats.
  • Options
    well that was hard work! finished off the west which was started yesterday and then did a couple of blocks in the east. there were only about 14 of us today so slow progress but plenty more for others to get involved in. May take part again next week, but need my back to recover first. It hurts. 
  • Options
    well that was hard work! finished off the west which was started yesterday and then did a couple of blocks in the east. there were only about 14 of us today so slow progress but plenty more for others to get involved in. May take part again next week, but need my back to recover first. It hurts. 
    you mean the first team physio isn't using you as a guinea pig ?
  • Options
    I remember the days when we were going back to the valley and i helped get the ground ready for free - something about football these days and the ridiculous wages and sky money that just puts me off doing anything like that these days. I know we aren't in the prem / champ but soon will be and giving players ludicrous amounts of money for next to nothing. Feel the same way about shirt sponsorship. Maybe it's the wrong attitude but gone are the days when i'll go to games through sheer loyalty or buy stuff from club shop just for the sake of it. Our owners will be in this to make a tidy profit and getting volunteers to clean seats seems a bit like taking the piss. If you enjoy it then great and no offense intended.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I saw a post today from Henry I that stated both Semedo and Racon were 'earning'/being paid £1 million a year , absurd .. so, I know what yer mean. And how long will the 'back to the valley' mentality be abused by millionaire wide boys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw a post today from Henry I that stated both Semedo and Racon were 'earning'/being paid £1 million a year , absurd .. so, I know what yer mean. And how long will the 'back to the valley' mentality be abused by millionaire wide boys.
    That would be about £20k a week.

Richard Murray confirmed Semedo, Youga and Racon were on £6-7k a week each, so in total they cost us around £1m a year.

• Options
    yeah i prefer it when some rich fella, backing the club, supports the team, pissing his pension and kids inheritance down the drain , subsidising seat prices and doesnt make a penny but continually wastes his own money

when thats happening again i'll go down there and clean seats but until then how dare they have the thought of making any money out of our club , thieving bastards
  • Options
    Football is a Business, and like a Business if you grow too quickly on the back of some philanthropist, when he is gone you will drop back down just as quickly. Ask Leeds and others if you don't believe me. The new owners are adopting a steady plan for growth, with sensible attention to the Academy, and apparently to keeping wages within what we can afford. If they make money by taking us back to the Premiership, who's going to complain ? 
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    yeah i prefer it when some rich fella, backing the club, supports the team, pissing his pension and kids inheritance down the drain , subsidising seat prices and doesnt make a penny but continually wastes his own money

when thats happening again i'll go down there and clean seats but until then how dare they have the thought of making any money out of our club , thieving bastards
    i've got no problem with the current owners or their motives but why i would want to clean seats or sponsor some rich blokes kit when i could be better off spending my time with my kids or giving the sponsorship money to them or their inheritance fund i've no idea. But as i say, each to their own and if people want to do it, fair enough.
  • Options
    That would be about £20k a week. Richard Murray confirmed Semedo, Youga and Racon were on £6-7k a week each, so in total they cost us around £1m a year.
    Thanks for the explanation. I found it hard to believe that Rac and Sem were getting away with that much money