Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

watching films online

Up until now I have only used www.watchnewfilms.com .
I clicked on there this morning and get some nice eagels staring at me. So I think someone is in trouble now
LINK

Can anyone recommend a new free film site I can use?

Comments

• Options
    letmewatchthis.com 
  • Options
    I'm in the film industry!   Download your films from itunes you b*stard!
  • Options
    hahahaha 
  • Options
    itunes dont sell the sort of films you make do they Clive?? :-)
  • Options
    whoops
  • Options
    icefilms.info
  • Options

www.channel4.com

You can watch some films for free and there's a selection you can pay for.

• Options
    Buy the DVDs or goto the cineplex
  • Options
    Warner Bro's have also streamed films on facebook with a VOD service and BBC will be doing the same shortly with TV shows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not sure it's funny? Piracy is theft - end of. I've never illegally downloaded a film nor a music track. Simple.
  • Options
    If piracy were theft would the word piracy exist?
  • Options
    letmewatchthis.com 
    That actually works. Thanks
  • Options
    I'm not sure it's funny? Piracy is theft - end of. I've never illegally downloaded a film nor a music track. Simple.
    When Harry Potter just broke the record for highest grossing opening of all time, I reckon the industry is doing alright even with piracy.

That being said, I always buy/rent indie films for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    The film and music industry are always banging on about how much they are losing through piracy, but they're not true figures. I bet a high percentage of the people who watch and listen to pirated films and music either could not afford to pay the prices charged, or would not watch/listen if they had to pay.

If they really want to cut down on piracy they should start in China. But maybe that's too difficult.
  • Options
    Piracy doesn't effect my own business as much as the majors - but it's THEFT and you can go to Prison for it.   Three strikes and you go inside - your choice.
  • Options
    I'm a failed musician myself - I fully support the idea that people should be paid for their art. What I am saying is if piracy was stopped tomorrow, the amount of extra revenue put into the business would be nothing like the figures they quote.

The real problem is in China, where you can walk down the street in Beijing and be offered DVDs of movies just released, where they have shopping malls full of shops selling games machines already chipped so that you can play the pirate games that they sell you.
  • Options

Piracy doesn't effect my own business as much as the majors - but it's THEFT and you can go to Prison for it.   Three strikes and you go inside - your choice.

Really? Myself and pretty much everyone I know have been streaming videos for years and years. None of us have ever got a letter or a visit from a policeman. The closest thing was when the tv licence man came round to our halls at uni, and none of us having a tele, asked to look at our laptops. Obviously told him where to go.

Unless you're a bloke with a few terrabytes of films on a hard drive that you're freely providing as torrent seeds or downloads, you're not gonna get bothered. More chance of winning the lottery.

• Options
    I overheard a funny story this morning from a couple of guys walking up the road, to their building site... one said he had asked the lady where her friend was who sold the dvd's and why didnt he come round selling anymore.  Unfortunately this guy was no longer selling as he had walked into a police station asking "do you want to buy DVD".

Obviously i only overhead a snippet of the story but it did make me chuckle.

• Options
    The film industry loses around $500 million a year from piracy, however it makes around $15-16 billion a year anyway. Go out and see independent films at your local independent cinemas and buy the DVDs of them. However, i refuse to believe that piracy hurts the major studios, which for the most part churn out uninspiring, boring films. So if it does hurt the majors, I don't really care.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The film industry loses around $500 million a year from piracy, however it makes around $15-16 billion a year anyway. Go out and see independent films at your local independent cinemas and buy the DVDs of them. However, i refuse to believe that piracy hurts the major studios, which for the most part churn out uninspiring, boring films. So if it does hurt the majors, I don't really care.
    No they don't. If piracy stopped tomorrow they would not be $500 million better off.
  • Options
    Yes as others have posted , I am not too distressed at multi national film companies loosing revenue. 
    Yes it is theft, but ask musicians about record contracts, and IPR for photographers and designers like myself and it is the context and commercial use that is the real issue. 
    I have no issue with someone using my photography on websites and the such providing it is not in an abusive way, and they are not making megga bucks?.
    I think most artists are concerned with the quality of the films, and the poor editing, but I can only speak for myself.
  • Options
    No they don't. If piracy stopped tomorrow they would not be $500 million better off.
    that's just the figures quoted, don't shoot the messenger.

They make a ridiculous amount of money anyway, if they want to beat piracy the only way to do it is to either incorporate free online film distribution (using advertising to offset costs) or lower the extortionate prices at cinemas - it is the distribution companies/studios that control this, the cinema only sees about 10% of ticket sales, ever wondered why cinema food is so expensive? It's the only way they can make money
  • Options
    now wanting to re-ignite the piracy issue. But I am trying to find Ill Manors online to watch? Anyone know where? I have tried the links above but no luck. And before any smart arse comments, my local cinema hasnt got it and I am not paying £15
  • Options
    You say that but i couldn't find a cinema locally showing anal carnage 3, so had no chioce but download it
  • Options
    You say that but i couldn't find a cinema locally showing anal carnage 3, so had no chioce but download it
    What a bummer. Sounds like a right pain in the arse.
  • Options
    Brought tears to my eyes at times
  • Options
    Saw that at Catford Cinema DM: Standing room only.