Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Did you not ask about Benson?
  • Options
    Even Richard Cawley would have asked that :)
  • Options
    Even Richard Cawley would have asked that :)
    lol
  • Options

This has confused me . Even without Benson going we are at least 1 short up front and if Benni goes then 2

perhaps the Benson "rumour" is all bollox  - .remember what Henry always says, until its on the OS............

• Options
    Maybe Benson was transfer listed rather than we need the money?
  • Options
    Benson.     BWP 
                   Hayes

Jackson.    Hollands.    Alonso.               Green.
                           Stephens.    Pritchard.        Wagstaff

Wiggins.      Taylor.       Morrison.             Solly.
    Evina.          Doherty.                               Francis.  

Sullivan.
                                             Elliot

Don't we need a right back if Francis leaves, Andersen as cover for left back and centre back and 2 strikers if Benson goes? So that makes 4 in my book.
  • Options

Benson out, 2better quality strikers in

Francis out, a right back in

A quality centre back in

job done.

• Options
    what dan dan the bexley man said
  • Options
    The centre back will surely be Andersen, otherwise why is he still with us. I know he's a left back but can play centre back.

Worried we might struggle to get two strikers in. Maybe one will be a loan.

Perhaps the right back is Smith?
  • Options
    Maybe Benson was transfer listed rather than we need the money?
    i reckon quite simply CP recognises that he isn't good enough and he was told he wouldn't be a first choice and it would suit all parties if he moved on as we need at least two more good strikers. Fortunately it looks like we'll recoup a fair chunk of the outlay. I think it's key that the final 4 pieces of the jigsaw are all top draw as far as league 1 goes and wouldn't be surprised to see us blow a bit on wages for a higher class of player. (out of the contingency fund of course)  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The centre back will surely be Andersen, otherwise why is he still with us. I know he's a left back but can play centre back. Worried we might struggle to get two strikers in. Maybe one will be a loan. Perhaps the right back is Smith?
    the deals will all be lined up - don't worry, it's just a game of brinkmanship now to secure the best deals
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Powell is playing down our plans -it is clear we have a few gaps that he will be looking to fill. However, it is almost certain that we'll bring in a loanee or two and these deals tend to happen later rather than sooner.
  • Options
    Having now watched the pre season, I believe our absolute priority is to bring  in the best striker that we can afford. With Danny Green on the right it would need to be someone to get on the end of those crosses, perhaps a loan will give us the best value for money assuming that if we can get out of this League there will be more money available in the Championship. We also have some good talent amongst the youngsters who might be ready this time next year. The right striker might be the catalyst for extra season ticket sales, what price Robbie Keane ?
  • Options
    With our lack of forwards and a wealth of central midfielders we might even play a 4-5-1?

Wagstaff and Green on the wings, Jackson, Hollands in the middle and Stephens playing a CAM role behind BWP?
  • Options
    Yes a good premiership reserve possibly - any thoughts on who might be a fair way from the first team and could be persuaded to drop down a couple of divisions?
  • Options

errrrrr   -  NONE.

As for Robbie Keane - what planet are you on !!!!!!!!!!!

best laugh I've had in weeks...........

• Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing Ecclestone come back  -I know he didn't set the world alight but there is a good player in there and he is developing.
  • Options
    isn't tevez still looking for a club? keane and tevez......bring it on

.........hold on a sec......it wouldn't work.......they're both munchkins
  • Options
    Just saw Sonko on SSN who is a free agent.  If he proved his fitness then that would be the monster centre back we'd need.
  • Options
    Just saw Sonko on SSN who is a free agent.  If he proved his fitness then that would be the monster centre back we'd need.
    Would be good. He'll probably find somewhere in the Championship though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On the generally comments about using the 4-5-1 formation I don't see how we can do it with BWP as the lone striker. To play this role you need a player who is very mobile and good in the air like a Bent or fighter like a Shearer and I don't see BWP as this person. If you play 4-5-1 then BWP is on the bench for me to come on later to change the formation. We need to find this type of player urgent to fill this role and make us more adaptable as a team not like the one dimensional outfit we we were last year

• Options

The interview was carried out immediately after the Aldershot game on Wednesday night so the Benson to Notts County link wasn't known to our reporter Mark Ritson then.

Just looking on NewsNow the first hint of a Benson exit came on the Talksport website at 7.20pm on Wednesday when Mark would have been at the ground waiting for the game to start and not trawling the internet looking for Charlton transfer rumours.

• Options
    Whats happening with this Arsenal fella we were meant to be getting in on loan?
  • Options
    Whats happening with this Arsenal fella we were meant to be getting in on loan?
    Fabregas? i think he's off to Barca , supposedly.
  • Options
    CP has been playing down transfers all summer. I remember a few weeks ago he said he was hoping to add a couple to the squad if the right players became available. Next day we announced Evina, Stephens and Wiggins. CP knows what needs to be done. IMO we could still see Robbie go and definitely Francis. We will add a RB, a CH (maybe two), and definitely two permanent strikers and a young 'un on loan. Just be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day.