Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Euell 34, Jamie Cureton 36. Jamie scored 17 goals last season whos to say that Jason...

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
couldn't do that well this season if he signs fo us.

Comments

• Options
    Whose to say he could? Cureton has been knocking around the lower leagues for donkey's years, he knows the business. Euell is not as used to the physica stuff, assuming he stays fit in the first place.
  • Options
    True but if he kept fit then he could do just as well. Just saying age is not a big factor like for example Cuerton who is 2 years older.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Whose to say he could? Cureton has been knocking around the lower leagues for donkey's years, he knows the business. Euell is not as used to the physica stuff, assuming he stays fit in the first place.

He looked mightily fit today.

Plenty of movement off the ball. A few neat lay offs. More of a threat than Hayes.

We could do a lot worse.

• Options
    I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see him come in based on the glimpse we had of him today.

I think he still has something to offer both on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see him come in based on the glimpse we had of him today.

I think he still has something to offer both on and off the pitch.

this
  • Options

He looked mightily fit today.

Plenty of movement off the ball. A few neat lay offs. More of a threat than Hayes.

We could do a lot worse.

Fair enough, I haven't really seen him and ever since Jimmy Floyd Lardarse I admit to a certain scepticism about aging players and strikers in particular. If he can do a job then by all means give him a contract but we can surely do better as a first choice.
  • Options
    I think he could score quite a lot of goals next season if he can preform and alot of other people think he done well in the friendly. He will only be first choice if he can do well next season if he cant then your right thenewbie he wont be first choice.
  • Options
    He got 3 goals in 10 games in the CCC last season,I agree with Clem we looked better when he came on.
  • Options
    If he can score goals in the championship he definetly can score goals in league 1.
  • Options
    He had a good amount of possession when he came on for us yesterday. Proved at least that he can still get the ball...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be chuffed if he signed. He's been there and got the t shirt. Has quality and obviously wants to play for us. Wages ought not to be an issue as thus far other clubs havn't exactly been beating doors down to prise him away from us. Give him deal till January to see if he wants it enough.
  • Options
    ...and could Paul Benson still do a good job?!
  • Options
    I would be chuffed if he signed. He's been there and got the t shirt. Has quality and obviously wants to play for us. Wages ought not to be an issue as thus far other clubs havn't exactly been beating doors down to prise him away from us. Give him deal till January to see if he wants it enough.
    Totally agree. He's fit, experienced and gives the impression that he just loves playing football and 'being there'. I see him in a role both as  player and mentor/coach to the younger players, of which we have a large number this season.
  • Options
    Has anyone heard what Powell said about him in the post match interview?
  • Options
    No, but I'm hoping this is where you tell us.......................
  • Options
    No, but I'm hoping this is where you tell us.......................

Havent got player so I dont know. The headline says he specifically spoke about him.
  • Options
    I'll have a listen........................
  • Options
    Quite cadgey to be honest. Certainly sounds like there's some interest from us. Might be a case of waiting to see if other targets come off and keeping this as a contingency.

Also spoke about Benno. He's happy to keep him at the club but won't offer him anymore than the year he has left so only fair they allow him to talk with Notts county to see what's on the table, but sounds like he's kinda hoping Benno stays................