Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Being A Best Man

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm loving that opening sentence shamkat. Top drawer.
  • Options
    I'm still amazed 3 people asked Leroy to be best man?
    ZING!

One of those was my brother...
  • Options
    Another one was yourself...
  • Options
    I was my brothers best man and played a joke on him. it's was back in the seventies and a catholic service so there was a part where they had to kneel down. so I painted he on his left shoe and lp on his right, so that when he knelt down you could read "help". he thought it was funny but her parents were a bit miffed, they laughed about it later.
  • Options
    Damn - I'm getting it in the neck today. Actually, if I was hunting around for a best man for myself, I wouldn't have asked me to do it :)
  • Options
    And the third was his reflection!

• Options
    O-Randy-Hunt : if there are two best men are you both doing a speech, or are you dividing the duties? Might be an idea to get that established first as you don't want to cover something that the other fella has already said, or vice versa. It can work quite well if one covers the childhood/teenage years and tells a story or two and the other covers everything since - depends on how long you've both known the groom.

Either way, absolutely no more than 10 minutes in total - so 5 mins each.
  • Options
    My best man opened by introducing himself then saying the ( grooms name ) has asked me to be quick because he can't wait to get ( brides name ) knickers off !!! Apparently there really cutting into him. This made everyone really laugh and broke the ice.
  • Options
    O-Randy-Hunt : if there are two best men are you both doing a speech, or are you dividing the duties? Might be an idea to get that established first as you don't want to cover something that the other fella has already said, or vice versa. It can work quite well if one covers the childhood/teenage years and tells a story or two and the other covers everything since - depends on how long you've both known the groom.

Either way, absolutely no more than 10 minutes in total - so 5 mins each.

I have to have a word with him but my first thoughts were that we are both going to do a speech.

Maybe we could ask each other questions about the groom but already have the answers planned where we kind of stitch him up but keeping it clean at the same time. If anyone has any ideas of ways that 2 best men give the speech then would be great to know