Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford away - sorry

WSSWSS
edited February 2007 in General Charlton
I don’t want the whole VG debate again, but why the hell can’t we buy tickets over the phone?!

Comments

• Options
    Whats VG ?

:-)
  • Options
    just three stubs ?? Hardly whittling it down is it.
  • Options
    whats wrong with an old fashioned camping out and queing system?
  • Options
    first come first served. Why not ? If you want 'em badly enough then you, or a mate, will get there.
  • Options
    I've missed this. Are they on sale now then? And what are the restrictions?
  • Options
    Thurday to VG season ticket holders Voucher H

NEXT Tuesday to season ticket holders with 3 away stubs and Voucher H
  • Options
    Tickets for Charlton's battle with bottom-of-the-table Watford will go on sale on Thursday with adult seats just £10 and U16s £1.

The Hornets have designated the game on Saturday, March 3rd (3pm) as their fans' appreciation day' - and have radically reduced prices as a result.

So with high demand expected, the away allocation of 1,987 tickets will first go on sale at 8am on Thursday to Valley Gold season-ticket holders and away season-ticket holders from the 2005/06 campaign.

Each person will be able to buy one ticket and would need to fill in Voucher H and supply their Valley Gold membership number (if applicable) in person at the Valley commercial centre or via post.

From 8am on Tuesday, February 13th priority will be extended to season-ticket holders who have got three stubs from away games this season, and season-ticket holders with one stub will be able to purchase from 8am on Tuesday, February 20th. Ticket stubs will be returned to fans.

In both instances the limit is one ticket per person and Voucher H must be completed and handed in to the Valley commercial centre in person or via post.

Finally, priority will be extended to all season-ticket holders from 10am on Saturday, February 24th - the day the Addicks face West Ham United at home - with Voucher H still required.

Should any tickets remain after this date, the club will look at extending priority to Red Card Platinum members and then placing the tickets on general sale.

The club's allocation of just under 2,000 tickets is due to Watford's relatively small capacity of just less than 20,000. Under Premier League rules, home clubs have to offer a minimum 10 per cent of their capacity to away fans if the capacity is under 30,000, or 3,000 seats if the capacity is over 30,000.

Charlton have also been allocated five wheelchairs spaces, priced £5, which include a free helper and for which the same priority structure will apply.

In addition, as the price is so cheap for U16s, the Hornets have informed the club that any supporters abusing this facility will not be allowed to upgrade their ticket to adult status on the day of the game, and will therefore be refused admission to the match.
  • Options
    How many tickets have Man u, Arsenal, Chelski got for thier visit?
  • Options
    i'm sure they normally give out more to away fans than just under 2000...
  • Options
    No it has been the same for every team, roughly a third of their away end.

Same as we had for the league cup game a couple of seasons back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aren't Charlton asking for more tickets?? Or is that it?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Aren't Charlton asking for more tickets?? Or is that it?

we don't have the right to anymore and i doubt Watford are going to be struggling to fill their areas at a tenner a ticket
  • Options
    we can all go next year when in the championship they'll give us the whole end about 5k and we'll bring 500
  • Options
    well done charlton, spot on on the ticket priority again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we can all go next year when in the championship they'll give us the whole end about 5k and we'll bring 500

Spot on. How many of the valley gold flask and blanket brigade will go next season if we go down?
  • Options
    quite a few i imagine as I think most valley gold are old school.

i dont think charlton need to worry about ticket priority these days, if us as fans cant be arsed to go to most games then why should they? its not like they make any money from it.
  • Options
    i wonder what the clubs with proper away support do to keep their fans happy .....man united ,liverpool, arsenal, chelsea, spurs etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]quite a few i imagine as I think most valley gold are old school.

That's total rubbish. Most valley gold come out once or twice a season when there's a big game. To turn that round if most valley gold can't be arsed to go to most away games why should they get priority for the big/cup/important games.
    I myself was at Wigan, Sheff Utd, Reading, Forest, Spurs, Arsenal, west ham so i've got my stubs but i'm not in valley gold. But if they sell out to VG i wouldn't get a ticket. That can't be fair.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I don't know why you all seem to have such a problem with VG members. I have been a member since the day it was first launched back in the Selhurst era to help finance the return to the Valley. I now pay my £120 per year to help support the club's academy system, so it is only right that I should get some sort of priority for games like Watford away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I don't know why you all seem to have such a problem with VG members. I have been a member since the day it was first launched back in the Selhurst era to help finance the return to the Valley. I pay my £120 per year to help support the club's academy system, so it is only right that I should get some sort of priority for games like Watford away.

Why is that only right? I can assure you i spent a whole lot more than 120 quid going to games like Wigan and Sheff Utd but i'm not in valley gold. So why don't i get priority?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    That's total rubbish. Most valley gold come out once or twice a season when there's a big game. To turn that round if most valley gold can't be arsed to go to most away games why should they get priority for the big/cup/important games.
    I myself was at Wigan, Sheff Utd, Reading, Forest, Spurs, Arsenal, west ham so i've got my stubs but i'm not in valley gold. But if they sell out to VG i wouldn't get a ticket. That can't be fair.

How do you know that Chris?
  • Options
    Weeelllllll Chris the valley gold members that i know are old school and pick and choose their games cos they can.... so im sure they will still be picking and choosing their games in the championship or the first division;/second division... however far we drop.
  • Options
    By the way Red Pete that isn't a dig at you, just a dig at the system. Being in valley gold should yield some sort of priority i agree but going to umpteen away games should also yield similar if not more reward. Say for example i went to every away game this season but didn't wish to pay another 120 on top of that to be in valey gold. Would it be fair that someone in VG who possibly didn't go to a single away game all season then got more priority for Liverpool away on the last day? No way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I don't know why you all seem to have such a problem with VG members. I have been a member since the day it was first launched back in the Selhurst era to help finance the return to the Valley. I pay my £120 per year to help support the club's academy system, so it is only right that I should get some sort of priority for games like Watford away.

Why is that only right? I can assure you i spent a whole lot more than 120 quid going to games like Wigan and Sheff Utd but i'm not in valley gold. So why don't i get priority?
    i didnt want to get into this debate but that £120 you spent is going to those clubs you are visiting. now, i'm not doubting your support for CAFC, not in the slightest but those who pay £120 for VG are supporting CAFC financially.

I don't agree that regular away supporters should have less of a chance to get a ticket than those of VG members but it does make me quite angry when VG members get shouted down when they are actually helping the club out
  • Options
    This really pisses me off - I am not VG by the way - I dispute the fact that anyone moaning on here cannot afford £10 per month for Valley Gold. Just bloody join and shut up! You get to win prizes too. I know a few people who have won money.
  • Options
    I agree its a rubbish system and needs changing, but the reality is that restricted sales to VG holders account for only a few hundred tickets, not the bulk of allocations. And of those few hundred, the majority would be regular goers anyway.

Its important to remember its the system that is wrong, not the members.
  • Options
    Everyone knows the rules, so if you want ticket priority just stump up your £120 per year. It is only £10 per month so it is not exactly going to break the bank is it?? I have paid over £2,000 into the club during the last 17 years to help support initiatives like the return to the Valley and the academy. We don't get much back in return!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Everyone knows the rules, so if you want ticket priority just stump up your £120 per year. It is only £10 per month so it is not exactly going to break the bank is it?? I have paid over £2,000 into the club during the last 17 years to help support initiatives like the return to the Valley and the academy. We don't get much back in return!!
    Well said. It's hardly just been sprung on everyone this week has it?
  • Options
    its all well and good saying 'its only £120' but its ANOTHER £120 on top of your season ticket. If you are a couple then its another £240.

Additional payment is being used as an unfair grading system when it could be replace instead by loyalty.

What if they took half the catering staff away, making it near impossible to get a drink or burger, but opened a seperate outlet with loads of staff you have to pay monthly to use ?

What if they made blocks unrestricted, but said you could pay a premium on top of your season ticket to guarantee your seat ?

Those examples are wrong, and so is having to pay extra to gain a ticket for an away match.
  • Options
    I think we are the last club that should be complaining about the 'availability' of away tickets. This problem rears it's head twice or three times a season at most at Charlton. Imagine if we had a decent away following & you were basically in a lottery system from week to week as to whether you would even get a ticket! Just be grateful that you can get a ticket 95% of the time.