Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Clubs in the Top Flight of English Football from 1904-05 to 2011-12.

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Arsenal were the first London club to play in the Top Flight of English Football in season 1904-05.

They were joined there by Chelsea in 1907-08 and Tottenham Hotspur in 1909-10.

Charlton Athletic's first season in the Top Flight came in 1936-37, when they finished as runners-up.

Altogether, 13 London clubs have played in the Top Flight of English Football.

Arsenal have finished as London's top club 46 times, Tottenham Hotspur 19 times and Chelsea 17 times.

Charlton Athletic have been London's top club twice.

Full details available here...

London Clubs in the Top Flight of English Football from Season 1904-05 to 2011-12

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty sure more titles have been won by clubs from Liverpool and Manchester than from London. How's that for a stat 6061?!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure more titles have been won by clubs from Liverpool and Manchester than from London. How's that for a stat 6061?!
    I'm certain of it.

Perhaps the sheer volume of London derbies played during a season is a factor here?

• Options
    That sounds like a poor excuse to me, the players should be more up for Derbies. I just think those teams were better.
  • Options
    That sounds like a poor excuse to me, the players should be more up for Derbies. I just think those teams were better.
    that was his point.  The "other" team will be more up for it so it's harder to win the league.

I don't agree with him BTW
  • Options
    I know I'm getting Old, but, didn't we have a great record in "derbies" for 3/4 years under Curbs ?
  • Options
    mog, I remember that - we owned London, about 10 years ago...