Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 2 year deal for Jacko

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
On OS now

Comments

• Options
    That came out of the blue, or did everyone know this was going to happen?
  • Options
    good news
  • Options
    On OS now
    I'll believe it when it's on the OS!
  • Options
    It's a two year extension so I'm guessing its till 2014. This is fantastic news.
  • Options
    Good news, now tie BWP up as we don't want a distraction through the season of his contract being up a the end of the season and him being linked away or doing a "Murray" and getting us promoted only to leave for Palace.
  • Options
    Very encouraging.
  • Options

Excellant news hopefully our captain this season .

• Options
    Good news
  • Options
    Good news and not just because we've secured a good player on a longer deal.

The bigger picture is that we've signed a few players on two or even three year deals this summer.  That's something we couldn't really do much of pre-takeover.

With so many out-of-work players at this level many players will be happy to come to the Valley for a longer deal so we become more attractive.

It means we can build over the mid-term rather than one season.

And it means the Mysterons are willing to back meduim term expenditure. OK Jackson maybe on only £150 to £200k per year (my guess not a FACT) but that extra two years is another £300k to £400k to be found.  Significant investment?
  • Options
    Absolutely delighted!Key player and as already mentioned...hopefully captain!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good deal he must of got a pay rise too. now we need to sign BWP down and we might avoid a mass turn over this summer!
  • Options
    Good deal he must of got a pay rise too. now we need to sign BWP down and we might avoid a mass turn over this summer!

I think the club will want to see how BWP's knee holds up this season before committing to a longer-term deal, that's probably a sensible move.
  • Options
    Jackson has proved that he can hold his own in the Championship, so I'm delighted with this news. Really hope he can stay injury free this season.
  • Options
    Very good news for our club.
  • Options
    Good news.
  • Options

I think the club will want to see how BWP's knee holds up this season before committing to a longer-term deal, that's probably a sensible move.
    I think the only one who doesn't seem concerned over his knee is BWP himself!
  • Options
    Wants to win more silverware with us
  • Options
    Excellent news! Sign BWP up!
  • Options
    Wants to win more silverware with us
    Yes , he's clearly got the taste of success , hope it doesn't go to his head ;)
  • Options
    Very good news that Jackson has signed an extension. Was sorely missed from February onwards last season and no coincidence in my mind that our form and performances took a nose dive when he wasn't there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good news,
  • Options
    sign BWP up now. If he is playing with dodgy knees then it doesnt show.
  • Options
    Yep good news now get BWP and Waggy tied up and we are getting their.
  • Options
    There's only one JJ !
  • Options
    Good stuff, an excellent footballer, we are better when he's in the team.
  • Options
    Powell mentioned on Player that he is looking to get Wagstaff to sign a new deal as well.
  • Options
    Excellent news - like other developments, it shows that there is some solid strategic thinking going on and that it is being backed by the board.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Excellent.  Quite possibly the best signing of the summer (though I'm hopeful that some of the new boys might prove me wrong).
  • Options
    Great stuff
  • Options
    Great news