Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The six degrees of separation game

Comments

• Options
    Going back to Elvis, I used to frequent a chip shop on New Cross Road (next to The Walpole pub) which had been visited by Paul McCartney and Heather Mills a couple of times on their way home from a night out (they now do a McCartney Special - gherkin and chips(!) - in tribute to him). McCartney met Elvis. I make that 3 steps - do I win £5?
    Yes, you do.  If you give you bank account details and passwords I will transfer it over
    I've met Prof Robert Winston and he's met Stephen Hawking. Henry has met me so it works for us both.
    Nice one.

I've met Brian Kinsey so I can get back to the founding team in 1905 in 4 steps (I think)
  • Options

Moore Marriot was in The History of Mr Polly with John Mills, who was in Bright Young Things with Michael Sheen, who was in Frost/Nixon with Kevin Bacon.
  • Options
    Here's a Six Degrees of Separation on a cricket theme that was doing the rounds recently in the City. More of a quiz. So come on all you cricket buffs,

The idea is to get from an England team in 1931 to the current England Test team in just 6 moves by way of mutual Test colleagues.

Your starting point then is former England captain Freddie Brown, who made his debut in 1931, and later played in the same team as “A”    in 1949.
    “A” in his final Test in 1976 played in the same team as   “B”.
    “B” in his final Test in 1984/5 played in the same team as   “C”
    “C” in his final Test in 1994/5   played in the same team as   “D”
    “D” in his final Test in 2005 played in the same team as   “E” and “F”.
    “E” and “F” Both played at Lords this week and will play at Trent Bridge.

So who are A, B, C, D, E, & F?

working backwards are E and F strauss and bell?
  • Options

D Graham Thorpe?

• Options
    B Bob Willis?
  • Options
    B Pat Pocock? C Mike Gatting?
  • Options
    E&F are indeed Strauss and Bell. D is Graham Thorpe but B is not Bob Willis. Willis never played a Test with Close and also played his last Test in 1984.
  • Options
    Well done richie8.
  • Options

a) Brian Close

b) Pat Pocock

c) Mike Gatting

d) Graham Thorpe

e) Andrew Strauss

f) Ian Bell

• Options
    what a waste of a sunny morning !!! .. well, an hour anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Lincs just a couple of things. Firstly the answers have already been given correctly and secondly, E= Bell and F= Strauss......
  • Options
    It may have become a bit lost, Chirpy, but I got from Moore Marriot to Kevin Bacon in three.
  • Options
    Well Lincs just a couple of things. Firstly the answers have already been given correctly and secondly, E= Bell and F= Strauss......
    Oh sorry, i saw a mass of attempts but no coherent list ...  why e) Bell and f) Strauss, why not visa versa? .. is this an alphabetical thing?
  • Options
    It may have become a bit lost, Chirpy, but I got from Moore Marriot to Kevin Bacon in three.
    I saw and was most impressed.
  • Options
     ...  why e) Bell and f) Strauss, why not visa versa? .. is this an alphabetical thing?
    No. It was a joke!
  • Options
     ...  why e) Bell and f) Strauss, why not visa versa? .. is this an alphabetical thing?
    No. It was a joke!
    well, i was quite upset (lol lol), I carefully checked for age, batting order, seniority, height (vip nowadays) and shoe size .. Strauss  was first in each category, hence he's E) and Belly a F) .. but each to his own. Brian Close, a test career spanning 27 years, remarkable
  • Options
    True but who wants to meet someone from a slum in Rio? : - )

And since I've met Nadou I can do Elvis in three and Dylan in two!

OK Stephen Hawking
    My mum works with Steven Hawkins sister
  • Options
    OK, Hawking was easy

Arthur Conan-Doyle
  • Options

DB Close - 27 year Test career but only 22 Tests.

PI Pocock - 17 year span and only 28 Tests.

• Options

Ok

Arthur conan doyle was god father to Anna Lee.

Anna Lee was mother of Jeff Byron

Jeff Byron appeared in the 2009 remake of Star Trek with Simon Pegg

I was an extra in Run Fat Boy Run with Pegg.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Ok

That is impressive.   Who's Jeff Byron?
  • Options

Ok

Are you the guy that was reported in Valley Review as wearing a Charlton shirt?
  • Options
    No idea (some american actor). I  just did a wiki run through Doyles reletives to get closer to something in this century.
  • Options
    No stig. Not me.
  • Options
    messi me- powell - curbs- sir alex- tevez- messi. 
  • Options
    Hawksmoor, can you get from William Roache (Ken Barlow) to Kevin Bacon?
  • Options
    No stig. Not me.
    So there's more than one Charlton fan in that film then. 
  • Options
    ive bumped into mcartney pissed (i was) in harvey nicolls 5th floor bar 15 years ago and i had a curry in a restaurant in brockenhurst, new forest and stephen hawkins was in there so one of the waiters i met met him

• Options
    Hawksmoor, can you get from William Roache (Ken Barlow) to Kevin Bacon?
    I reckon I could. Bear with me...
  • Options
    OK, creepyaddick, did it in five...

William Roach was in Coronation Street with Linus Roach, who was in Priest with Robert Carlyle, who was in 51st State with Samuel L Jackson, who was in Jackie Brown with Robert De Niro, who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon.