Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More new signings expected at Valley

124»

Comments

• Options
    The kid who's coming through who was at Bristol Rover last year is the one they really rate
  • Options
    The kid who's coming through who was at Bristol Rover last year is the one they really rate
    So do I, but Hamer is also decent.
  • Options
    Strange 1 this, as Elliott had started in all of the important friendlies, I presume he is number 1 choice
  • Options

I would only assume that Elliott is leaving otherwise why would we spend on another keeper?  We shouldn't need 3 keepers and 2 youth stand-ny's.  2 Keepers and 2 youth is more than enough for League One level with emergency loan if needed.

Or option 2 is that Sullivan is carrying an injury.Which could make sense as I did wonder why we had both Sullivan and Gough on the bench yesterday.

• Options
    he's 6' 4" so a physical presence in nets helps a lot.

This sounds like a good thing
  • Options
    Marcel Seip is still available on a free.

Over 6ft and can cover CB & RB
  • Options
    Very interesting. I'd imagine it would be advanced to appear on the O/S and very likely to complete.

Where does this leave Elliott? 

SCP was in talks last week with Elliot and Waggy about contract extensions. This would suggest Elliot has turned it down, forcing us to sell now if we want to get a fee? Either that or we only signed Sullivan to loan him out to someone else, but surely the Elliot contract one MUST be the reason?

• Options

Strange 1 this, as Elliott had started in all of the important friendlies, I presume he is number 1 choice

Maybe Elliot impressed scouts during the friendlies and a bid has come in we couldn't turn down and wouldn't let him go without a replacement. All theories obviously.

• Options
    Must be Elliot indeed, I agree with you spiritof1947
  • Options
    Or Powell has looked at the pair he's got, and doesn't think they're up to snuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very interesting. I'd imagine it would be advanced to appear on the O/S and very likely to complete.

Where does this leave Elliott? 

SCP was in talks last week with Elliot and Waggy about contract extensions. This would suggest Elliot has turned it down, forcing us to sell now if we want to get a fee? Either that or we only signed Sullivan to loan him out to someone else, but surely the Elliot contract one MUST be the reason?

Can only assume either Sullivan or Robbia are off. Not gonna be Sullivan for the obvious reason so looks like Robbia will be replacing green at west ham. We really are struggling for a scapegoat next season now.
  • Options
    Or Powell has looked at the pair he's got, and doesn't think they're up to snuff
    Can see him coming to that conclusion about RE but would be strange for him to decide that on Sullivan!
  • Options
    Can see him coming to that conclusion about RE but would be strange for him to decide that on Sullivan!
    That's what I thought.

Sullivan must be wondering what he's done.  Behind Robbie and now another keeper coming in.

And I know it was only Bromley but Gough looks very good and is huge.
  • Options
    Dont think this is a footballing ability decision.

More about not losing him for nothing. Might as well get a fee and save the wages.
  • Options
    Dont think this is a footballing ability decision.

More about not losing him for nothing. Might as well get a fee and save the wages.
    Agree.  This is what Powell said at Bromley back in May

Keepers.  Wants Sullivan back. Likes him, good character in dressing
    room.  Big issue is that Elliot is rated by higher division clubs.  he's
    over 24 so could leave on a free next year if we don't tie him up with a
    longer contract.  Implied that might have to cash in now rather than
    letting him go for nothing as seen as a big asset.   Seen as a good
    keeper but agreed that needs to "look more like an athlete" in response
    to Covered End's very leading question : - )

• Options
    There have been what I consider to be rubbish rumours regarding Robbie being transferred away....is there any chance we could be signing a keeper for this reason? Is the Reading keeper thing a loan deal?
  • Options
    There have been what I consider to be rubbish rumours regarding Robbie being transferred away....is there any chance we could be signing a keeper for this reason? Is the Reading keeper thing a loan deal?

If its a loan what terms would there be to discuss with him? It would all be done with Reading.
  • Options
    According to a Reading fan i know, they have 5 professional GK already
  • Options

If Hamer does sign so will Charlton !
  • Options

If Hamer does sign so will Charlton !
    Haha true! Well 2 are still youngsters for us whereas Reading have Hamer, Federci, Andersen, McCarthy and one youngster!