Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worse grammar than on here

2»

Comments

• Options
    My grammar's worse than anyone's. She moans all the time and stinks of piss.
  • Options
    97%
  • Options
    97% as well. Bl00dy first one wrong.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I can understand why people get annoyed with journalists struggling to get their grammar right as its their job, but when people pick holes in fellow supporters posts it gets my goat. Would you go up to a fat man drinking a beer in the North Stand and say "better put that down fatty, does no good for you cholesterol". Didn't think so.

Supporters'
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I can understand why people get annoyed with journalists struggling to get their grammar right as its their job, but when people pick holes in fellow supporters posts it gets my goat. Would you go up to a fat man drinking a beer in the North Stand and say "better put that down fatty, does no good for you cholesterol". Didn't think so.

This.
  • Options
    That's the alt text of an image, which has been uploaded by a picture editor. It's the sub-editors who are responsible for grammar, rather than the journalists, but maybe they aren't involved in the process of image uploading. If there are any left anyway. In my experience subs are the first to go.

Ps I don't think it's just bad grammar that gets picked up on. It's when people are almost unintelligible and their point is being lost that I'd pipe up. People shouldn't be so sensitive about being told. I'd sooner know if I'm getting something wrong!
  • Options
    Some people have issues with their spelling and punctuation, some people make typo's, others write something in a rush. I just think it's a bit of a muggy thing to point out. Reminds me of people like Piers Morgan, when losing an argument they start pointing out grammatical errors.