Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite CAFC player; post 2000

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Mr Colin Walsh
  • Options
    Mr Colin Walsh
    Post 2000?
  • Options
    I didnt read it properly and got too excited
  • Options
    Well, you are his love child!
  • Options
    In my head?  Well I don't see any of the greatest Charlton players of my time as noughties players.  In my head Rufus, Mills, Hunt, Mendonca, Kinsella, Robinson, Bowen, Mortimer, and Bright were all to me 80's and 90's players so here goes.....

1) Darren Bent. Nothing to say.

2) Chris Perry.  I'm a critic of the mid-latter era of Curbs' transfer strategy.  However both Perry and Mhyre - along with others - prove how acute his judgement could be.  His strategy needed to be a bit more blended than it became.  Was that through matters out of his hand?  Who knows, but Ilove watching technically excellent players and few are better than Perry.  For me both he and Cunningham were far superior than many top 3-4 sides cds.

3)  Scott Parker.  Would be top but showed a lack of sense that took him to a club with 6 other interantional cm's, and buggered us up.  I can forgive him, but he royally fucked up his career and a possible legend status with us.

4)  Danny Murphy.  Curbs' treatment of him was shit media handling.  People can moan about his leaving, but the guy gave much more in the team than many others who lingered too long.  Another great technical player.  Quite laughable to think we paid the same for Faye and Traore.

5)  Nicky Bailey.  In a sea of sewage, this guy was as effective as an algae bloom.  Effective, smothering, agressive, but equally likely to kill off friend or foe.  Couldn't care less, loved the fact he tried his socks off, cared and clearly posed a threat.  One of a very tiny, tiny, tiny few of that awful era.
  • Options

Has to be

1. Mark Kinsella

2. Dean Kiely

3. Darren  Bent

4. Eddie Youds

And for fun 5. Martin Pringle!!

• Options
    Bent
    Rufus
    Jensen
    Parker
    Andy Reid

• Options

Kishishev

Kiely

Kinsella

Powell

Bent D

Ask me tomorrow and I'd name different ones although Kish would be a constant. 100% Charlton and I'm amazed he got the stick he did when with us. On second thoughts, after reading the Eaststand threads perhaps I'm not.

• Options
    Kishishev, Kinsella, Powell & any who try for 90 minutes....
  • Options

1 Aswad Thomas

2 Michael Carvill

3 Simon Walton

4 Thomas Myhre

5 Barry Fuller
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No mention of OMAR Pouso, disgraces! the lot of you!
  • Options
    Di Canio and Parker
  • Options
    Ben Hamer
  • Options
    1. Kinsella
    2. Powell
    3. Parker (Grrrr)
    4. Rufus
    5. Jensen
  • Options

1. Nobby Nostalgia

2. Micky Memories

3. Freddy Fantasy

4. Yosef Yesteryear

5  Gerd (the) Video

No room for Mo Venon or Franky Future?

• Options
    Kish

The Rock

SCP

Deano

Dazza
  • Options
    1. Parker
    2.Powell
    3.Jensen
    4.Di Canio
    5.Rufus
  • Options
    Jorge Costa
  • Options
    My favourite CAFC player is the one on the official website. For a small fee I can watch match highlights and interviews at a click of a button. :-D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1.Alan McCormack

2.Akpo Sodje

3.Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

4.Omar Pouso

5.Stuart Fleetwood

No McLeod???
  • Options
    Mine were and are:

5. Bradley Wright-Phillips - If it weren't for his knees he'd be a top championship/low premiership player.

4. Scott Parker - he is and was immense.

3. Paolo Di Canio - such talent and fire.

2. Darren Bent - Great finisher and netted us enough to survive.

1. Matthew Holland - Never stopped running played where he was told was above average player but above all a lovely, lovely guy.
  • Options
    Not as many voting for SCP as I'd expect. He ties top for me with Matty Holland
  • Options

If you mean those who debuted after 2000 thenDarren Bent although John Barnes was one of my childhood heros so seeing him (well past his prime) pulling on the sacred shirt was amazing.

Honorary mention for Paulo of course whose passion hasnt been rivalled since.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    He's more red and white than Charlton..............

Stevie Brown won't let you down !

Or had he gone by then ?
  • Options
    surprised no one has said matt holland...
  • Options
    1.Scott Parker
    2.Darren Bent
    3.Talal El Kakouri
    4. Jose Semedo
    5. Shaun Bartlett

• Options
    Chris Powell
  • Options

SCP & Robbo.