Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carl Jenkinson

I know I should have probably ressurected the other thread for this but I couldn't find it, so here goes. Did anyone see the Emirates Cup today, I believe on ESPN. I was there in person (let the stone throwing commence) and I have to say I was pretty impressed with Carl's performance. It was not the most spectacular attacking play and the defensive side apart from a great covering tackle was solid rather than outstanding but he certainly didn't look out of place against Boca Juniors, who are pretty impressive attacking. Arsenal did concede two goals late on but the blame must lie totally with the keeper and centrebacks- some of there defending would make Doherty and Llera cry, and both goals came from players strolling right through the centre without a care in the world.

This is not meant to start baiting the anti-Powell/Parky/Board/Common sense/Whatever brigade, merely my observation that Carl could well shape up to be much better than I would have thought (though this from a guy who rated Llera.) Just thought to share my observations with fellow lifers.

Comments

• Options
    Know he only played a few games for us but he looked a player to me. Think Carl may surprise a few people this season. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I was at The Emirates today too for it and he looked decent to be fair, but got the impression that he seemed quite nervous.  Pretty composed on the ball though with a good touch.
  • Options
    I was there too, great stadium. Thought he looked a little overawed, expecting to wake up from a dream. solid not spectacular defensively and has yet to lose the charlton crossing ability. They must have a high opinion of him as he had a double page spread interview in the program. Would not expect him to start in the prem but certainly their cup squad
  • Options
    Bloody hell guys, we aint arf got a few closet Gooners in ere. Where's Goonerhater when we need him?

Go on boy, sniff em out.........  ;-)
  • Options
    Good on yer Charlton boys .........we're at @ the rustyden & you fuck off to watch woolwich arsenal
  • Options
    I smell a rat in the camp!!

;)