Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer and Andy Hughes sign today

Comments

• Options
    a striker and a centre back...
  • Options
    Two odd bits of news, hopefully not just panic signings. Scunny fans hated him, like we hated McCormack - but worrying.
  • Options
    So Powell wanted two players and these may be them? deary me
    Who were you expecting?  Ferdinand and Rooney?
    Please not those old prima donna has-beens!
  • Options
    Makes more sense that the rumour I heard of Andy Williams from Swansea
    Well... two Andy's... two Welsh surnames... the plot thickens!
    that Andy Williams, good rendition of Moon River though
    Got to be Music to Watch Girls By!
    so good .. Can't take My Eyes offa you
  • Options
    enuf !!
  • Options

Powell said he wanted a striker and Slater said he wanted a centre back. Yet Powell also said only 2/3 more. Odd then that we want these two.
  • Options

Powell said he wanted a striker and Slater said he wanted a centre back. Yet Powell also said only 2/3 more. Odd then that we want these two.
    Things change though in the blink of an eye, it only takes a second for an unforeseen offer to come in, for a change of heart, for a contract snub etc
  • Options
    Scunthorpe fans hardly positive about Hughes.. http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=460&fid=12&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116773885
    I don't want him but maybe hes okay for L1. Scunthorpe hate him with a passion.
  • Options
     that's because there's only one cu...........no, I wont say it. ;-)
  • Options
    Sounds like he has been playing left back for Scunthorpe. His position is right back.

Dont know anything about him, so will reserve judgement until it happens and I've seen him play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     that's because there's only one cu...........no, I wont say it. ;-)
    you're right on the verge of a red never mind amber or yellow card there Tango my lad
  • Options
    So Powell wanted two players and these may be them? deary me
    A striker was explicitly mentioned so I would think not... as above these would appear to be Elliot/Francis replacements rather than true additions
    That's the way I read it.

Things change though in the blink of an eye, it only takes a second for an unforeseen offer to come in, for a change of heart, for a contract snub etc

Two Bona posts in one thread.  I can varda where you're coming from.
  • Options
    And all you lot can blurt on about is Hughes!

Hamer could be a massive massive signing for us.

• Options
    And all you lot can blurt on about is Hughes!

Hamer could be a massive massive signing for us.

Yes but Hamer already had his own thread (having been linked on our OS) before this thread started, hence this is mainly a Hughes thread.
  • Options
    Romford Addick who doesnt like anyone we sign has just texted "Hughes would be alright, likes to get stuck in".

Might be hope for this bloke.
  • Options
    Romford Addick who doesnt like anyone we sign has just texted "Hughes would be alright, likes to get stuck in". Might be hope for this bloke.
    has he got the right Hughes? .. there's a lot of em about
  • Options
    Couple of links that suggest there's a bit more to him than Scunthorpe think: 

"It soon became apparent that "Hughesy" suffered from the age old plague of many a professional footballer - he was too versatile. Comfortable across midfield and at either full-back role, it was just too easy to move him to a void in the team rather than let him settle into a position and make it his own. Despite this, he has made 110 appearances for Leeds and although by his own admission he was far from the most technically gifted footballer in the clubs history, it was obvious that his 110% performances more than made up for it."
  • Options
    Judging from that youtube video rikofold Hamer and Hughes have something in common... both hit the bar in the crossbar challenge on Soccer AM!
  • Options
    Romford Addick who doesnt like anyone we sign has just texted "Hughes would be alright, likes to get stuck in". Might be hope for this bloke.
    has he got the right Hughes? .. there's a lot of em about

Yep. I told him which one it was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could this be why we delayed announcing our numbers?
  • Options
    Dont know what to tell you tweeps I know less then you!!always wanted to stay here that has not changed just means theres good competition

Tweet from rob Elliot
  • Options
    I think we been around football long anoth two no you don.t have 3 keepers in CHARLTON case i think that make 5 if two off them are boys .Sounds some think has two give i do feel Eliot is à good keeper good shit stopper is young can he improve i don.t no i don.t see him train .
  • Options
    That shot stopper bloody spelling .
  • Options
    A good shit stopper?  My head hurts like an out of fashion German sweeper.
  • Options

Are you ACTUALLY a gibbon?

That would explain a lot - especially as they are well known for chucking their scat about....so that would mean that being able to stop it hitting you in the mush would be seen as a big plus.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :)

• Options
    total lack of respect to forum etiquette here!
  • Options
    Yes i am a gibbons à CHARLTON surporter four 36 years Bigstemarra thats ok im big anoth nice two meet you im new two this .
  • Options
    Andy Hughes????????????????
  • Options
    Seems the leeds fans had nothing but admiration for Hughes on their blog which is good to read. Sounds like a possible leader that we seem to be lacking. Captain maybe? who knows!

Can't see the versitality being an issue, because, if we have approached him (and it's not been confirmed) I can't see Powell realistically wanting him for anything other than RB, except maybe to cover in times of need.

The youtube clip of him leaving Leeds: If I didn't know any better, watching that i would have assumed the guy was dead. :-/