Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paxman

He's just slaughtered some fella on Newsnight who's supposed to be making a case for the "poor penalised motorist" in relation to speed cameras. The bloke could hardly get a sentence out at the end - he was a wreck!

Cracking viewing!

Comments

• Options
    anyone see the one where he asked that mug mp some question over and over, just kept on and on asking and asking. i would love to have a debate with him, i would end up stabbing the mug!
  • Options
    Story was that he has some sort of special forces background - so I'd doubt that you would if true! (probably just some made up BS to intimidate interviewees though!)
  • Options
    I have special forces dood!!

my mumma told me i was spezial!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]anyone see the one where he asked that mug mp some question over and over, just kept on and on asking and asking. i would love to have a debate with him, i would end up stabbing the mug!

That was Michael Howard, then Home Secretary over the prisons fiasco.

That was partly because Howard avoided the question but mostly because the BBC had problems lining up the next segment of the programme and Paxman had to keep the interview going until they were ready.

I think Paxman is a career journalist and has no military background.
  • Options
    Yeah that was it Micheal and Howard (didnt he take over from Ian and Duncun smith), i remember now, he avoided the question so many times!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]I have special forces dood!!

my mumma told me i was spezial!

You're getting forces and needs confused dood :-)
  • Options
    yes thanks dear, your right spezial neeeds innit
  • Options
    cheers inspector quality innit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]anyone see the one where he asked that mug mp some question over and over, just kept on and on asking and asking. i would love to have a debate with him, i would end up stabbing the mug!

Was the question: "Why do Valley Gold members get away tickets first?" ?

You wouldn't let it lie, would you? Sorry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paxman looks like my dad.fact.
  • Options
    You haven't answered my question "why do Valley Gold memebers get away tickets first"
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]He's just slaughtered some fella on Newsnight who's supposed to be making a case for the "poor penalised motorist" in relation to speed cameras. The bloke could hardly get a sentence out at the end - he was a wreck!

Cracking viewing![/quote]

That is exactly the problem with Paxman. All we learned was that Paxman is a bully and nothing at all from the guy representing the motorists. Paxman needs to learn that he is the ringmaster and not the trapeze artist.

His interview with Michael Howard is legendary because Howard dealt with Paxman so poorly BUT it was also the start of Paxmans problems. He is stopping his interviewees from answering questions in an effort to appear tough all the time. The result is either politicians are very wary and reluctant to answer any questions OR they dont bother going to be interviewed by him at all.
    So all we get to see is Paxman slaughtering a couple of sacrificial lambs for our bloodlust and we learn nothing from the interview.
  • Options
    well funny though!
  • Options
    Work with a PR guy who says Paxman is just very good at listening to his researchers at the same time as asking questions, he reckons if you took his ear piece out he would be nothing more than an adequate interviewer. He dislikes Paxman with a passion....