Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going past the Valley on a train

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Very rarely get that line.

When you do, does anyone else always find it completely necessary to give out a 'c'mon you reds' ?

Just can't stop myself, much to the bafflement of those sitting around me.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2007
    You bloody nutter! I always get your type sitting next to me on public transport! ;-)
  • Options
    never get that line but when i used to get the train to london bridge i'd never look towards the millwall ground as the train went past it between new cross and london bridge
  • Options
    I always point out where I sit to whoever I'm travelling with.

A few weeks ago the train was delayed and the driver called out that it was due to a "points problem at Charlton" - my friend piped up "tell me about it, we can't win a game"!!! Got a few chuckles around the carriage.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]I always point out where I sit to whoever I'm travelling with.

A few weeks ago the train was delayed and the driver called out that it was due to a "points problem at Charlton" - my friend piped up "tell me about it, we can't win a game"!!! Got a few chuckles around the carriage.

LOL! Like it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]never get that line but when i used to get the train to london bridge i'd never look towards the millwall ground as the train went past it between new cross and london bridge

I always look towards the Millwall ground because it always makes me realise that the are some who are less fortunate than ourselves
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Very rarely get that line.

When you do, does anyone else always find it completely necessary to give out a 'c'mon you reds' ?

Similarly when I used to go past Millwall on the train from London Bridge I could rarely resist giving the place the finger.

I used to drive in occasionally and my route took me past the old Den (when it was still there) and I used to do the same, I kept on doing it even after they'd moved. I'm easily amused at times.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Very rarely get that line.

When we was camped at Selhurst we used to give it the salute every home game on the train from Dockyard to London Bridge. Never dramt we would be back playing there back in those days.
  • Options
    ohhaah,
    i'm the same as you matey, can't look at the scum's ground either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]ohhaah,
    i'm the same as you matey, can't look at the scum's ground either.

i open the window and spit
  • Options
    I have purposely looked at their ground for years going past on the train muttering all sorts of oaths and curses, it quite unerves my fellow passengers, what with my dishevelled serial killer looks n all ! I take quiet pride in the fact that my daily cursing of the Wall have contributed to them be the utmost shite for years and years. Pat on the back for Soapy !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just laugh when i go past their dump
  • Options
    I come over very nostalgic when passing the valley.I love the place
  • Options
    on one drunken night travelling back from up town, I made everyone in the carriage stand up & salute as it went passed the Valley as I sang VFR
    they did it too
    very very funny
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    383669740_f5a04f1be1.jpg?v=0

383669990_eba9dc35b7.jpg?v=0
  • Options
    walk past that every morning.

the valley was looking cool from my kitchen windown this mornign.
  • Options
    Is that your tag on the superstore, Inspector?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Is that your tag on the superstore, Inspector?

hehehe. Yeah, to warn the others off.
  • Options
    383669797_8d875f2bae.jpg

Aah, peace and quiet.

Watch it tonight, Curb_It, it's very slushy down there now.
  • Options
    Do you want to re phrase that
  • Options
    nice work inspector.

When i got the train to charlton the other day, and as i have always lived in charlton when i went past it first time ever it does look great from the train, it was early but there lots of people milling around by the crossroads. When i got off the train i could smell football, anyone no what i mean when i say i can smell it??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now is the winter of our discontent... (great pics)

Funnily enough this is the most interetsing period in our history for several years, methinks.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited February 2007
    yeah, i was saying to ol mortain the other night that this season has seen some mad stuff, amount of times we have had headlines in the sky sports news breaking news ticker this amazing. its been a 'mixed' season!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]walk past that every morning.

the valley was looking cool from my kitchen windown this mornign.

No wonder it was "coool" - it was under an inch or so of snow!!!