Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

on the subjest of snow - Millwall at the New Den

Who else remembers the night we stuffed Millwall in the snow and lobbing snowballs over the fence to wind them all up afterwards?
Childish but GREAT fun!!!

Comments

• Options
    Yer and i remember their lot chucking snowballs back outside the ground with rocks in them!
  • Options
    the night paul mortimer took the right pi** out of them mugs....was that the last time we played there in a competetive match?
  • Options
    no, the return at the Valley, we won 2-0
  • Options
    Yep. They were top a Xmas and then got relegated.

Was the home game before we went away? I remember it the other way around for some reason
  • Options
    away first, then at home, oooh aaah is right afka, he said its the last time we played at the new den in a competeive fixture! the one at the valley 'big nose, he's got afucking big nose' to there big nosed captain.
  • Options
    one of my favourite away games ever

was the home game where john hendrie scored

great season that.

MORTIMER was a genius that night
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]one of my favourite away games ever

was the home game where john hendrie scored

great season that.

MORTIMER was a genius that night
    not sure who scored in the home game but i think hendrie scored the winner at upton park??
  • Options
    hendrie was well before that.

think it was Bowyer and Leaburn who got the two goals at the Valley
  • Options
    yep bow and leaburn
  • Options
    Wasn't this when they were top of the league at the time we played them, then they ended up being relegated in the same season?!

I'm still laughing about that today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep, they haven't been in a higher league position since that day.
  • Options
    Great night. Remember celebrating the 2nd goal and when I looked around the millwall sections of the ground had emptied.

Morts is a legend for that night alone. KIm Grant got them both. And we had 10 men for most of the game. Bowyer send off and then Stevens for them.
  • Options
    Great night. Morts taking the pee out of 3 Millwall defenders without even moving. Orange ball. Bowyer sent off in the 1st half I think.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]yep bow and leaburn[/quote]

And a Kim Grant double at the New Den.

Bowyer sent off for sliding into two tackles and Keith Stevens for elbowing Jamie Stuart in the second half.

Millwall were top but then lost 5-0 in the next match away to Sunderland and didn't stop sliding down the table until the last day when they were relegated, and even then I think they had to lose by two goals to go down, but they managed it. Even the recruitment of those two Russian players around transfer deadline day didn't stop them.
  • Options
    Yes, this was one of my best nights as a Charlton fan and I don't think I have ever celebrated a goal as much [apart from the POF] as I did when Kim Grant stuck away that second goal, as soon as it went in I knew we had them by the balls and Morts went on to take the piss in fine style.
    My old man and my uncles are all Millwall and I went home and gave it to my old man good and proper!!!
    The return game was 2-0 at The Valley and Bowyer scored an absolutely fantastic scissor kick from a Leaburn knock-down and I remember seeing him do it and thinking that there was no way we would be able to keep him past the end of the season. What a player he was in those days.