Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who concerts at the Valley

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Does anyone know if any DVDs or record of these events were ever made?

Comments

• Options

I think at least 1 of them was filmed by the BBC if I remember (for showing in Ireland ????). Ebay has some  copies come up too. Went to both as I lived nearby -great days.

• Options
    I've seen footage, but not aware of any commercial recordings. I did both concerts too.
  • Options
    Who greatest hits has a song recorded live at the valley
  • Options
    Have managed to track down some footage on you tube,put The Who at Charlton in search and up they come.Some good shots of how the valley used to be plus great music. Ah happy days !,!
  • Options
    I think Sky on their Arts Channel had some footage of the Valley gig some months back. They may repeat it.
  • Options
    I've got a fairly good quality bootleg cd of the 74 gig.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    The '74 gig filmed and shown on the BBC2 programme Second House on Oct 5, 1974. Songs in the film were My Generation,Young Man Blues, Baba O'Reilly, Substitute, Drowned, Bell Boy, See Me Feel Me, Naked Eye, Let's See Action and My Generation Blues.

Not in the film: I Can't Explain, Summertime Blues, Behind Blue Eyes, I'm A Boy, Tatoo, Boris The Spider, Dr Jimmy, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard, 5.15 and  Magic Bus.

The entire set (minus  I Can't Explain and 5.15, for some reason) was broadcast on Capital Radio some while later on Nicky Horne's  Rock Pile programme. Most of the widely-available bootlegs seem to be taken not from the soundboard but from the Capital broadcast, which was in FM stereo.
  • Options
    I've got a fairly good quality bootleg cd of the 74 gig.

same here
  • Options

Mate of mine climbed to the top of the floodlights and was arrested.

Good Bless Slicks !!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    on Eggheads other day they asked the "The loudest ever outside gig by a band was ?"  it was The Who 1978 at The Valley. I was at both ,found nackered old poster of the 1974 gig in my old stuff at my late Mum house the other day.