Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FM12

Football Manager is more realistic than FIFA IMO. I saw a FIFA12 thread and I know that certain players will be wrongly underrated on FIFA. It will be interesting to see how the team and players on FM12 differ from last season. There will of course be players like Gough and Pope and Popo who will be 'not needed by the club' because those younger players always are unless they've appeared in the first time (like Harriott) or unless they've played internationally (like Cousins).

Comments

• Options
    It's all down to Scoham.
  • Options
    It's all down to Scoham.
    I don't think it will be, my understanding is that new players stats are done by their previous clubs researchers. This is only from what I think I've read on here, so could very well be wrong.

• Options
    Ah fair enough, makes sense.

RugbyAddick - certainly FM is considerably more realistic than FIFA. First thing I do when we make a new signing is check how good they are on FM :D
  • Options
    It's all down to Scoham.
    I don't think it will be, my understanding is that new players stats are done by their previous clubs researchers. This is only from what I think I've read on here, so could very well be wrong.

Yes that is correct, apart from Bover and Pope who I had to create as they weren't in the database.

What is frustrating is the height and weight (which I'd like to quickly check over) for some players is different in the handbook than it is on the OS. Some players are even a stone heavier in one place than they are in the other!
  • Options
    FM is my favourite game ever. Have currently taken Southampton to two consecutive trebles and am now in 2017 with a 53000 seater St Marys. God it's addictive.

Anyone know when FM12's out then?
  • Options
    Well FIFA12 is out on my 18th birthday and FM12 is usually out in November I think. It is a very addictive game. Although I miss the Charlton players not having faces.
  • Options
    I'm in 2023 now, almost every player is a regen lol
  • Options
    I am in 2020 and I got Welling to the Premiership from the Slue Square South =D
    I heard that Millwall fans were applying for the managers position at Millwall because they had "won the Champions League with Luton Town on Football Manager." Now that is funny.
  • Options
    Welling to the Prem? Very impressive!
    I am in 2020 and I got Welling to the Premiership from the Slue Square South =D
    I heard that Millwall fans were applying for the managers position at Millwall because they had "won the Champions League with Luton Town on Football Manager." Now that is funny.
    Yeah I heard stories of West Ham fans doing the same after Grant got sacked!
  • Options
    There was a guy a couple of years back who applied for the Boro job, and even got a nice letter back from Steve Gibson (he didn't get the job, btw)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure somebody on here got a letter from Peter Varney after doing something similar
  • Options
    When Curbs left, I sent my CV to the club and on the covering letter stated "due to my incredible achievements with Chalrton on Football Manager, I now feel ready to take the next step up & feel I could do the same in real life". I got a letter back from Peter Varney saying unfortunately I didn't have the necessary coaching qualifications required by the Premier League.

Still got the letter in a frame!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Probably didn't get it because you spelt Charlton wrong - rookie mistake ;)
  • Options
    Yeah that probably didn't help! :)
  • Options
    Jay from the inbetweeners took woking all the way to the champions league final. England were looking at offering him a role...
  • Options
    Get on twitter Scoham and ask them, sure a few of them play FM and will understand it's a good cause ;-)
  • Options
     Bromley are PREM champions on mine : ) (is an older addition)