Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Martin

edited August 2011 in General Charlton

Paul Jewell has said that Lee Martin was immature for giving the referee the opportunity to send him off on Saturday!

His answer - 'I'm not talkling to him'

Very mature!

Comments

• Options
    Didn't think that challenge warranted a straight red card. 
    Commentator Legard did, but I've ceased to trust his words ever since he commentated so badly on Formula 1.
    As for Jewell, 'I've seen cheese that is more mature...'
  • Options
    Joke sending off and a bigger joke that it warranted no comment from the fls
  • Options
    It was a bad tackle and deseved a red card. Martin had a few good games with us and the last time he played at Peterborough he was our man of the match in a 5-1 win. Unfortunately he is 24 years of age going on 12, but, I'd welcome him back at the valley anytime, Powell would sort him out
  • Options
    Never a sending off.  He played the ball first, his feet weren't off the ground and another referee wouldn't even have given a foul. Jewell's obviously pissed off, but if Martin's immature for making a tackle then that might explain why Ipswich have lost 12 goals in 2 games.
  • Options
    It was a bad tackle and deseved a red card. Martin had a few good games with us and the last time he played at Peterborough he was our man of the match in a 5-1 win. Unfortunately he is 24 years of age going on 12, but, I'd welcome him back at the valley anytime, Powell would sort him out

How the hell can it be a bad tackle when he played the ball ????
  • Options
    I see the Beeb site gave Peterboro 90% possession ......and Ipswich 10%.

I know Ipswich were walloped 7-1 with 9 men, but still sounds ridiculously low to me.
  • Options
    I think due to the reporting dispute, the BBC are making their stats up.
  • Options
    I think due to the reporting dispute, the BBC are making their stats up.

Only 74% apparently.....
  • Options

Terrible decision, he got the ball and then his momentum carried him through to the player.

Should be over-turned but obviously won't be.

• Options
    Peter 90% possession?  Sounds like that match when they put out about 8 central defenders against Man U, and got absolutely leathered.  I believe one great Eddie Youds may have been one of the defenders!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Check the rules of the game? 
  • Options

thats a bit vague, would you care to enlighten me as to which rule(s) you are refering to ?
  • Options
    Can't say I'm bothered what he does. Was underwhelmed when he came to us and was justified of my thoughts when he left.
  • Options
    There are no rules in football.

;o)
  • Options
    He is a frustrating player as for me he has a terrific amount of ability but a very poor football brain. I didn't see any signs of improvement in that respect when he was with us as I was hoping. He is a huge luxury to have in your side -IMO if he doesn't improve the basics of his game he is too much of a luxury.
  • Options

thats a bit vague, would you care to enlighten me as to which rule(s) you are refering to ?
    If you take the ball and the man it can still be a foul. Martin dived into the challenge, it was dangerous and whether he touched the ball or not is irrelevant.
  • Options
    There was nothing wrong with the tackle. And for his manager to come out and say that is a joke.
  • Options
    There was nothing wrong with the tackle. And for his manager to come out and say that is a joke.

I agree, if people are getting sent off for those tackles every week then nobody will ever finish with 11 men.

The tackles by Bardsley and Cattermole in the Sunderland/Newcastle game were shocking, Martin's was a booking at best.

• Options
    Doing pretty well now by the sounds of it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17095852
  • Options
    Always rated him.