Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Subs Bench

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
After tonight's win & the new five sub rule I really hope Powell doesn't put both Doc and Hughes on the bench again on Saturday, We only need one of them there. Would much rather see Evina or Pritchard on the bench rather than Hughes!

Comments

• Options
    Keeper
    Doc/Hughes
    Green/Waggy
    Euell/Benson
    Pritchard/Bover/Evina

Pritchard has looked good time hes had a chance so deserves a spot on the bench.
  • Options
    After tonights performance I would like to see mambo promoted to 3rd choice CB. His confidence will be high and after playing so well it would be stupid to effect that.
  • Options
    matt taylor can play in goal aswell, don't know how well though.
    It would be very hard to keep 3 keepers happy aswell if only 1 makes the 16,
  • Options
    After tonights performance I would like to see mambo promoted to 3rd choice CB. His confidence will be high and after playing so well it would be stupid to effect that.
    Mambo played well but Doc was the conductor at the back tonight. He was constantly chatting to Mambo and giving him assurance. Noticed near the beginning Mambo pulled out of position for a header, only to not commit to it. Doc had words with him and he settled. Doc has the experience needed, Mambo is not ready yet, although he did win me over a bit tonight as I thought he wasn't good enough. Still got a way to go but now showing the signs of a player in there.
  • Options
    Doc and Mambo played well together and seemed to compliment each others game.
  • Options
    Euell showed he can be very effective midfield so based on last nights performance Hamer, Francis, Doc, Euell, Waggy, Pritchard -Think Benson will be out for a few weeks but needs to be found a place -this 5 man bench is ridiculous!
  • Options
    Euell showed he can be very effective midfield so based on last nights performance Hamer, Francis, Doc, Euell, Waggy, Pritchard -Think Benson will be out for a few weeks but needs to be found a place -this 5 man bench is ridiculous!
    that's 6... so hard to only pick 5!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hamer
    Hughes
    Wagstaff
    Euell
    Benson

Hughes can play anywhere across the back four, Wagstaff could play anwhere if necessary, Euell can play midfield and forward with Benson as a striking option.

I think the bench should have more attacking options then defensive ones as that's what will change a game, Docherty is not needed on the bench if Hughes is there.
  • Options

Hughes isn't a centre back (that old height issue again)

for me at the moment -

Hamer,Doc,Wagstaff,Pritchard,Benson

• Options
    Goalkeeper
    Defender
    Central midfielder
    Winger
    Striker

So at the moment
    Elliot or Hamer
    Doherty or Hughes (probably Doherty, I'm sure others could cover at full back, but there's not really anyone that could cover at centre back)
    Wagstaff
    Pritchard (Alonso challenging when fit)
    Euell/Benson