Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton nightlife.

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Any give me some advice on where to go (nightclubs/bars) in Brighton. I'm heading there Thursday with some mates.

Always trust lifers advice...

Comments

• Options
    Went to uni in Brighton. Audio is hands down the best club in Brighton. Oceana, honey club and Tru to be avoided
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yeah I went to Sussex as well. I suppose it depends what you're into?

If you're a 'lad' then there's an Oceana, spoons and walkabout all on the same street just down the road from the clocktower.

Or if you're a bit more 'alternative', I'd check out LIFE or Audio on the beach. Is it term time at the moment? On a Thursday they'll be running student nights. There will be a lot of nice looking girls around although they'll probably want to talk about liberal politics. 

I'd highly recommend going to a comedy night at Komedia in the laines. They run on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and they get some good comedians in there. It's not expensive, either.

And of course there's a shedload of pubs around.
  • Options
    Yeah I went to Sussex as well. I suppose it depends what you're into?

If you're a 'lad' then there's an Oceana, spoons and walkabout all on the same street just down the road from the clocktower.

Or if you're a bit more 'alternative', I'd check out LIFE or Audio on the beach. Is it term time at the moment? On a Thursday they'll be running student nights. There will be a lot of nice looking girls around although they'll probably want to talk about liberal politics. 

I'd highly recommend going to a comedy night at Komedia in the laines. They run on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and they get some good comedians in there. It's not expensive, either.

And of course there's a shedload of pubs around.

Thanks for the advice, I thought oceanio was the best club in Brighton? It's summerholidays I think?
  • Options
    You either love it or you hate it. If you like Zens, Amadeus, places with that sort of vibe and clientelle, you're probably gonna like it. 

If you like Fabric, the Tap n Tin, or indie clubs or whatever, you're gonna wish you were dead.

It is, either way, incredibly easy to pull in there. 
  • Options
    You either love it or you hate it. If you like Zens, Amadeus, places with that sort of vibe and clientelle, you're probably gonna like it. 

If you like Fabric, the Tap n Tin, or indie clubs or whatever, you're gonna wish you were dead.

It is, either way, incredibly easy to pull in there. 

I'm just looking to get smashed and crawl back to premier inn... :)
  • Options
    Oceania is by far the worst club in Brighton - but it is a laugh if you're in the right frame of mind (by that I mean hammered), As said avoid Honey Club. I've had better nights hammered in Revenge! (gay club)
    I always liked Audio and Coalition.
    And no it isn't term time....otherwise I would be there with you.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    It isn't term-time til this time next month. Coalition has incredibly cheesy music on Thursday's, would avoid. Audio probably the best bet with cheap shots in Oxygen and cheap beers in Belushi's (right near Audio) before hand. Oceana is absolutely dreadful. Honeyclub is like the apartheid with the chart/dance room and then the hip hop room. Life is pretty good but probably the most expensive of all the clubs on the seafront.
  • Options
    So for a decent dance floor, plenty of life and cheap drinks were saying audio?
  • Options
    How long does it take to get to Brighton from Bromley?
  • Options
    Important info: It took me 4 hours doing London to Brighton on a bike if your going by Bike that it is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You will all probably need to have photo id to get into the club as well.
  • Options
    well in Brighton it also depends on your sexual preference lol, there are also some nice restaurants if you were looking to eat before you partied.
  • Options
    Pretty much all the pubs are open well late (most shut at 1am or 2am on a school night, a handful are open til 4 or 5), it's ridiculous how early most pubs in London shut in comparison.
  • Options
    Audio is a great night out, as said above avoid Tru (horrendous). Revolutions is class as well
  • Options
    How long does it take to get to Brighton from Bromley?
    Get a 119 to East Croydon and you can get a fast train from there, so an hour or so.
  • Options
     I've had better nights hammered in Revenge! (gay club) 
    Ooh err !
  • Options
    Last time I went to Brighton I ended up at some random house party with a bloke telling me to come outside as he had a kilo, of coke in his car.

I just think he wanted some cock and bum fun.

I politely declined.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2011
    Declined the coke....
  • Options
    Declined the rohypnol, but took up the poppers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    different world, only coke I've ever been offered came in a can or bottle. 
  • Options
    Went there for a catch up with mates in brighton on saturday , and had a great night in coalition and life which are both a stone throw away

The birds are pretty filth to ;) !!

• Options
    Don't go to talk!
  • Options
    brighton is a great place to go! One of the best nights out i've ever had tbh
  • Options
    its got nothing on hastings!
  • Options
    Suprised tbh
    Didn't see one gay dude out ! (i'm straight )
    But for the gay capital of England that aint bad !
  • Options
    How do you know ?
  • Options
    Not sure if RDF is still around, but you will shoot yourself if you don't go there. Think Coyote Ugly bar, fit girls behind the bar who tongue-tango if you buy them both a cheap shot. A decent warm-up for moving on to the clubs mentioned above.
  • Options
    How do you know ?
    Goood point !

The font was good !!
  • Options
    Been twice now. Lots of fun. Especially student nights.