Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock unfazed by cup exit

edited August 2011 in General Charlton

...shame he didn't see fit to tell the QPR fans that the game was 'not a priority', before they shelled out their hard earned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14640178.stm

Comments

• Options

I think most football fans know the early rounds of this competition are not a priority for any club, anyone attending a 1st or 2nd round cup game should expect wholesale changes from what they are used to seeing and not be shocked at the freak results.

The words "giant killing" have been devalued in both cup competitions due the weakened sides clubs put out. 

• Options
    I won't try to argue the game was a high priority but I don't believe he wasn't bothered - not a criticism but his comments smack of a bad loser (I wasn't really trying). I think there is nothing wrong with being a bad loser as a manager but it is funny watching Warnock and Wenger commenting when they are badly trying to sound like they are being gracious and honest!
  • Options

I was not surprised with the result when I saw the QPR line up  both Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands played last night and I thought both had previously been told they were surplus to requirements and wouldn't be getting squad numbers .  

• Options
    Norwich lost 0-4 at home to the MK Dons, 11 changes made, Lambert must be as happy as larry now he can conentrate on keeping them in the prem. Warnock must be thinking the same.
  • Options
    Listened to this on the way home last night, said he thought about going to scout another team. Thought it was all a bit unprofessional tbh
  • Options
    Warnock wouldn't have played Taarabt and Bothroyd if he wasn't bothered.
  • Options
    For a competiton they couldn't give a toss about, i bet they didn't sell tickets for a tenner.
  • Options

QPR just announced that they will be dropping ticket prices after the new fella's taken over and givein s/t holders a refund. Think they seriously misjudged their market...

ripped off

Can understand why the likes of Norwich and QPR did what they did but need to be a bit more sensitive in the message.