Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goalkeepers on the bench

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Do you think that having a goalkeeper on the bench is necessary now that you are only allowed 5 subs?
A few teams are taking the risk and I think it is a risk we should take. Matt Taylor has past experience in goal so if there was ever an emergency, then he could go in goal. 
However, with Elliot's prone to injury, I do think that a reserve keeper is needed.

Comments

• Options
    Personally think it's the outfield 4 that we should be taking more of a risk with. I'd leave Hughes out and go with Pritchard, have Benson over Euell. As for the keepers, all the time we've got 3 senior ones I'd be very surprised to see CP leave 2 out of a matchday squad.
  • Options
    We can only use three subs, no matter how many go on the bench.
  • Options
    Personally think it's the outfield 4 that we should be taking more of a risk with. I'd leave Hughes out and go with Pritchard, have Benson over Euell. As for the keepers, all the time we've got 3 senior ones I'd be very surprised to see CP leave 2 out of a matchday squad.
    Hughes is usually on the bench for his versatility. 
  • Options

I know but IMO it is unnecessary. Wagstaff or Green covers right mid, Pritchard would cover centre mid. Do we really need to waste a sub space on a back up right back? I'm sure if Solly got injured either Waggy or Pritchard could fill in there anyway.
  • Options

I know but IMO it is unnecessary. Wagstaff or Green covers right mid, Pritchard would cover centre mid. Do we really need to waste a sub space on a back up right back? I'm sure if Solly got injured either Waggy or Pritchard could fill in there anyway.
    I think Hughes can play left-back as well. Morro can play right-back, so maybe Pritchard may get a spot on the bench.
  • Options
    Yep but Jackson can cover there. I fully expect Hughes to be on the bench on sat though.