Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham 1 - 2 Aldershot ouch!

How long till we pass each other?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Nah, West Ham still have enough quality to get promoted this year.

...unless you mean us and Aldershot?

edit: I am nonetheless VERY pleased to see West Ham failing this evening.
  • Options
    Not a good day for hamsters with spurs winning in the courts too.
  • Options
    I met a mate and went to the game today. West Ham started well but never looked dominant. Aldershot goals were coming and i was delighted for the Shots fans when they came. The players looked uninterested and unlike us last night who showed a bit of quality in depth, they looked poor and clueless. Don't get me started on the fans who humiliated themselves with daft comments.
  • Options
    Allardyce won't give a monkeys about the League Cup, only one thing he wants this season.
  • Options
    Allardyce won't give a monkeys about the League Cup, only one thing he wants this season.

His alter ego on twitter begs to differ. Very funny views on the game.
  • Options

That's for the mug punters to believe, if Wet Spam don't go up this year then they will go the way of Boro, Leeds and us.

Generall speaking, although the parachute payments last three years you only get one decent stab at it and then your squad starts to disintegrate.

There are a couple of exceptions but generally speaking you only get one shot.

• Options
    I think West Ham are certainly going to be up there and ought to get promoted with the  players they have but only 2 teams can go up automatically and if they miss out on that (which is more than possible) the play offs are a bit of a lottery. Not a foregone conclusion by any means.
  • Options
    I think West Ham are certainly going to be up there and ought to get promoted with the  players they have but only 2 teams can go up automatically and if they miss out on that (which is more than possible) the play offs are a bit of a lottery. Not a foregone conclusion by any means.

I agree with that and, don't forget, Parker will surely leave - probably for Spuds - before the Window closes and you can't replace a player of that quality so you need to factor that into their strongish start in the League with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.

Interesting that they have dropped 5 points at home already, we were crap at home as well when we came down because of the weight of expectation from the fans.

• Options

http://twitter.com/#!/TheBig_Sam Whoever writes this is my hero, I'm sometimes crying with laughter at his posts.
  • Options
    Agreed, possibly my favourite tweeter at the mo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought West Ham would dominate this year with Big Sam as manager, he's brilliant.

I'm shocked at their slow start, I reckon they'll push on and get promoted though, Big Sam is the key.
  • Options

Having watched the Shammers twice on TV this season, this result is really no surprise. Allardyce is playing with one striker and the newly lazy Nolan in 'the hole' just behind. Midfield is too cluttered, Taylor, Parker, Noble and Collinson all getting in one another's way. The defence looks average at best, two mediocre full backs and an accident waiting to happen in Reid. Tomkins is OK but a bit fragile, Green? .. say no more.

The players look slow and complacent and Cardiff and Leeds, good sides admittedly have both outplayed the Shammers. The 4-0 at Watford was par for the course, Watford are weak this season.

Allardyce needs to sort this mess out a s a p. He needs Championship achievers, not premier division drop outs. I am starting to fear for my modest treble, W/Ham, CAFC and the Gills as division winners.

• Options

West Ham don't really have much pace in the side, especially going forward. Sure, Cole's fast, but Taylor's slow, Colinson's slow, Nolan's slow. They need faster wide players. Maybe put Taylor back to left back and bring in a fast left midfielder. Pace is so important in football now, especially going forward.

• Options
    I reckon they'll be promoted as champions by a long way
  • Options
    Taylor is difference class at that level and Nolan hasnt started firing yet. they will go up.
  • Options
    Taylor is difference class at that level and Nolan hasnt started firing yet. they will go up.
    Taylor? ..  dead ball expert, but he needs more than Tomkins to aim at, Nolan? .. now that Dick Barton's in town he may be on the lash too often for his (or the Shammers) own good... I hope you're right about promotion, I have a soft spot for the ol shammer irons 
  • Options
    I fear so but hope that the players reality of where they are come the January transfer window throws a spanner in the works and see's them tail off. I think Parker will stick around until at least then unfortunately so they'll get half a season out of him.
  • Options
    Lincs, West Ham have been on TV a few times already this season and Taylor has been the standout on each occasion. I knew about his set-plays but his open play impressed me.
  • Options
    Lincs, West Ham have been on TV a few times already this season and Taylor has been the standout on each occasion. I knew about his set-plays but his open play impressed me.
    agreed, their main problem is .. too many similar players in midfield, it's the old 'Lampard/Gerrard'  too many cooks spoiling  too many chiefs and not enough indians thing. Noble, Parker and Collinson are all very good, BUT all from the same pod. They need a 'holder' in front of the defence and to play a 442 and for Allardyce to stop poncing around with Christmas trees and other exotic formations
  • Options

Agree, I am very surprised nobody in the Premiership came in for him, he is the sort of player I could have imagined playing for us in our Premiership years.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't stand 'em - hope they do a CAFC, Leeds etc...
  • Options
    Living in west ham land right now isn't as painful as it was a couple of years ago. Met some mates in the local in upminster last night and they'd left after 50 minutes because they said the football was so boring ( they were winning at the time aswell). Obviously big Sam's approach hasn't changed.

Long may their demise continue.
  • Options

the same clowns who thought curbs wasnt exciting enough for them 
    well who wants mid table prem football when you can have real football in the wanky lower leagues

freak show
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Anybody who leaves that early when their club is actually winning isn't really a football fan.
  • Options
    So... it wasn't all Avram Grant's fault then?

• Options

Avram is an awful manager and Allardyce is as good if not better than Curbishley, it's almost as if oohaah has a hidden agenda!
  • Options
    Hate West Ham.  Hope they go down and have to sell all their players then go bust.
  • Options

Avram is an awful manager and Allardyce is as good if not better than Curbishley, it's almost as if oohaah has a hidden agenda!

allardyce as good if not better than curbs oh perleeeease 
  • Options

Not even close.
  • Options
    Anybody who leaves that early when their club is actually winning isn't really a football fan.